pinky

Wich do you prefer  

180 members have voted

1. 1. choices

• Led Zeppelin
    • Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
    • Robert Plant & The Strange Sensations
    • Page, Jones, Bonham,...

Who would you rather see in concert 2009. All are possible as it now seems very likely for a Plant, Krauss follow up album/tour, assuming there is no more Plant,Krauss Robert may decide to not do a Zeppelin tour and continue with his solo band, Page, Jones, and Bonham may decide to continue on without Robert and choose a "new" singer, and of course there is still hope The Hammer Of The Gods will return. And by the way this it NOT a "which do you think will happen poll" it's a "wich do you rather tour".

Of course I would love to see Zeppelin tour, but I'm not holding my breath about that. Plus my bank account isn't looking forward to that either! So I'll go with a Strange Sensation tour. I'd be very happy if a tour was announced for that.

Who would you rather see in concert 2009. All are possible as it now seems very likely for a Plant, Krauss follow up album/tour, assuming there is no more Plant,Krauss Robert may decide to not do a Zeppelin tour and continue with his solo band, Page, Jones, and Bonham may decide to continue on without Robert and choose a "new" singer, and of course there is still hope The Hammer Of The Gods will return. And by the way this it NOT a "which do you think will happen poll" it's a "wich do you rather tour".

I have a question for you "pinky." What would happen if LED ZEPPELIN reunites somewhere during the Krauss / Plant Tour unannounced? Wouldn't that be great for better things to come? It may be wishful thinking but I am still keeping my fingers crossed. ROCK ON!

I have a question for you "pinky." What would happen if LED ZEPPELIN reunites somewhere during the Krauss / Plant Tour unannounced? Wouldn't that be great for better things to come? It may be wishful thinking but I am still keeping my fingers crossed. ROCK ON!

I'd be very suprised if that happened, but you never know.

What are you defining as Zeppelin?

Jimmy Page-lead guitar, John Paul Jones-Bass/organ/mandolin, Robert Plant-vocals/harmonica, Jason Bonham-drums/backing vocals

It would be the best thing to happen in this world in a long time. :D

Of course I would love to see Zeppelin tour, but I'm not holding my breath about that. Plus my bank account isn't looking forward to that either!

No, these rock stars are getting rather expensive....I paid $700 for two up-front seats for Roger Waters last year. Still, I got a free t-shirt out of it, but they $40 for the program!

If jimmy and co are seriously looking for a NEW singer then they should check out the Australian band wolfmother Which looks like are splitting up....check it out::::http://www.prefixmag.com/news/wolfmother-headed-to-splitsville/20488/ :thumbsup:

Any of them. Together, separately, in pairs. Whatever. If I had to choose between any or none at all, I'll take whatever they're serving. I never saw Zep. I have only seen them as solo artists, and I've always had a wonderful time. Page is in the house! Plant is in the house! Jones is in the house! Jason's gonna play!!! That sense of "Wow, he/they are really here" has prevailed at every event I've ever gone to, be it Jimmy and Jason on Outrider, Robert thanking the crowd for the lemons on the Now and Zen tour, lol, Jimmy with the Crowes, Jason with UFO, Robert and Alison. There's always that something extra in the air. That sense of there being some special DNA in the room. It's like seeing The Dead without Jerry. Once the music starts, that same ol' warm feeling takes over. You might long for what's "missing" at first perhaps, but the music never fails to elevate you. Like reuniting with an old friend without the whole gang being there.

:lol:

Robert thanking the crowd for the lemons on the Now and Zen tour, lol, Jimmy with the Crowes, Jason with UFO, Robert and Alison. There's always that something extra in the air. That sense of there being some special DNA in the room...

Yeah, I have to laugh because I remember how thrilled I was when I got near perfect seats to see The Firm in 1985, Jimmy's side of the stage, too. I was so geared up- Paul Rogers and Jimmy Page, WHAT could be better post Zeppelin?! Well at some point in the night, I clearly remember wishing for a meteor to crash into the Cap Centre just to help liven things up a bit. Jimmy had his face to his amps the whole f-ing night; I barely saw his guitar or him. In fact, I can't remember much more than that except for the occasional cig dangling from his lips when he turned right. REFUND!!! :D

:lol:

Yeah, I have to laugh because I remember how thrilled I was when I got near perfect seats to see The Firm in 1985, Jimmy's side of the stage, too. I was so geared up- Paul Rogers and Jimmy Page, WHAT could be better post Zeppelin?! Well at some point in the night, I clearly remember wishing for a meteor to crash into the Cap Centre just to help liven things up a bit. Jimmy had his face to his amps the whole f-ing night; I barely saw his guitar or him. In fact, I can't remember much more than that except for the occasional cig dangling from his lips when he turned right. REFUND!!! :D

Admittedly that was still when he was still pulling himself out from years of addiction. The ARMS shows. The Firm tours. That was still in the dark time. But by Outrider he'd rallied and gotten back in form. Reports like yours make me glad I missed The Firm! :lol:

I really regarded them as Rodgers' band with Page on guitar anyway. Probably why I didn't go, but that was so long ago! :lol:

Yeah, never was big on The Firm. Was excited to see Page working again, and enjoyed those shades of his playing peeking out in the songs "Yeah! It's Jimmy!!!!". But overall the albums bored me. I don't own one to this day. Probably the only efforts of his I don't own from the time he got his first tape recorder! :lol:

Admittedly that was still when he was still pulling himself out from years of addiction. The ARMS shows. The Firm tours. That was still in the dark time. But by Outrider he'd rallied and gotten back in form. Reports like yours make me glad I missed The Firm! :lol:

I really regarded them as Rodgers' band with Page on guitar anyway. Probably why I didn't go, but that was so long ago! :lol:

Yeah, never was big on The Firm. Was excited to see Page working again, and enjoyed those shades of his playing peeking out in the songs "Yeah! It's Jimmy!!!!". But overall the albums bored me. I don't own one to this day. Probably the only efforts of his I don't own from the time he got his first tape recorder! :lol:

i love the firm. paul is a great song writer and vocalist. i really love their stuff.

...But overall the albums bored me. I don't own one to this day. Probably the only efforts of his I don't own from the time he got his first tape recorder! :lol:

Truthfully, I'm with you on this, but his work with the Coverdale/Page album is still my favorite Jimmy quazi-solo project. 15 years later, I'm still hearing songs from that album which could have easily made it on future Zeppelin records post 1980. There's some controversy in what I just said, but it's no coincidence Robert jumped Jimmy's bandwagon right after the Coverdale collaberation and went forward with their Unledded project. Wake up call! Maybe if Jimmy does that again- writes another album with a blond haired lead singer- we might see another Led Zeppelin reunion, an Unledded Part Deux or better yet, an album. Hey, we all know stranger things have happened with this band... ^_^

Any of them. Together, separately, in pairs. Whatever. If I had to choose between any or none at all, I'll take whatever they're serving. I never saw Zep. I have only seen them as solo artists, and I've always had a wonderful time. Page is in the house! Plant is in the house! Jones is in the house! Jason's gonna play!!! That sense of "Wow, he/they are really here" has prevailed at every event I've ever gone to, be it Jimmy and Jason on Outrider, Robert thanking the crowd for the lemons on the Now and Zen tour, lol, Jimmy with the Crowes, Jason with UFO, Robert and Alison. There's always that something extra in the air. That sense of there being some special DNA in the room. It's like seeing The Dead without Jerry. Once the music starts, that same ol' warm feeling takes over. You might long for what's "missing" at first perhaps, but the music never fails to elevate you. Like reuniting with an old friend without the whole gang being there.

What Evster said. :)

R B)

Saw The Firm a dozen times Ev, on both tours and in the UK and US, and absolutely loved them live. The previous poster must have hit a bad night because Jimmy always looked like he was having a ball.

Its a shame you don't have the albums - I'd rate them a million times better than Coverdale/Page. Tracks like "Satisfaction Guaranteed" and even "Midnight Moonlight" should be in your collection.

Archived