pinky

Wich do you prefer  

180 members have voted

1. 1. choices

• Led Zeppelin
    • Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
    • Robert Plant & The Strange Sensations
    • Page, Jones, Bonham,...

I willalways want a Zepplein type show at the top of my list. The 02 whetted my appetite.

However in the absence of that i would have liked more SS from Robert but I wasn't disappointed with Robert and Alison live.

Jimmy I have said for years i would just like to see him where he belongs on stage.

Jonesy out there too doing his thing.

If JP & JPJ do something then even better.

Down the years i have been to see them when and where i can cos they are the guys who individually and collectively have been the major soundtrack to my life. B)

Its a shame you don't have the albums - I'd rate them a million times better than Coverdale/Page. Tracks like "Satisfaction Guaranteed" and even "Midnight Moonlight" should be in your collection.

I do like and have those tracks. B)

I suppose I should revisit the rest. It's been ages. I guess I was still fired up by "Burning Down One Side, "Like I've Never Been Gone", and the brilliant "Slow Dancer". Then when The Firm came out, I just didn't get a thrill from the bulk of the album. It was more the excitement of Jimmy being back than anything else (for me). I've always admired Paul Rodgers, but he never lit a fire for me. I like Free and BadCo. Great songs. But he's just a bit on the mellow side for my taste. I know he can be explosive. It's just a thing, y'know?

And Knebs, you KNOW how I feel about Coverdale/Page!!! Willie and the Poor Boys did more for me than that did! :lol:

*sings* These arms of mine....

Saw The Firm a dozen times Ev, on both tours and in the UK and US, and absolutely loved them live. The previous poster must have hit a bad night because Jimmy always looked like he was having a ball.

Its a shame you don't have the albums - I'd rate them a million times better than Coverdale/Page. Tracks like "Satisfaction Guaranteed" and even "Midnight Moonlight" should be in your collection.

I loved The Firm as well.Those songs were awesome and I wore that album out on the record player.

I heard a simulcast from Cleveland (Richfield Col) here in NC and Page was en fuego.

Also loved Tony Franklins' fretless bass grooves!!!

Go and listen those cds/albums again Ev! You won't be disappointed!

I break em out every once in a while and get a good smile out of them!

• 4 weeks later...

I would definitely say Jimmy with whoever he wants to tour with.

I feel it : 2009 is going to be a Jimmy's year!! There's a vibe around him that I can't explain. I just feel it..

Lost any hope on the full LZ package with Jason Bonham... :(

Fantasy wise, of course it would Led Zeppelin...but I've gone with the practical ~ Jimmy, John Paul and Jason.

Naturally, I want to see Jason in whatever project he is involved in and I want to see Jimmy back on the touring stage.

Fantasy wise, of course it would Led Zeppelin...but I've gone with the practical ~ Jimmy, John Paul and Jason.

Naturally, I want to see Jason in whatever project he is involved in and I want to see Jimmy back on the touring stage.

What Miss HD said... :)

R B)

i was reading a thread about Zep reuniting without Plant, it was quoting an article from The Sun. when i went to post, it said the thread was locked....i have never seen that before...can anyone explain why they lock threads?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LED ZEPPELIN...and no Krauss.

Sorry, I just don't think that the Plant/Krauss thing would sit well with

i) the band,

ii) the fans

iii) the tour as a whole (undermine it)

Zeppelin are a 4 piece band, they don't need Krauss 'popping' in every little while to sing. I know people like the RP/AK album, but the Zeppelin style and the 'Raising Sand' style would not gel and (IMHO) be a bad move.

In essence, a show with Krauss would really spoil the LZ experience thap most of us have been waiting 30 years for.

Bugger it, just put on TSRTS to kick start my want for the LZ tour

LED ZEPPELIN...and no Krauss.

Sorry, I just don't think that the Plant/Krauss thing would sit well with

i) the band,

ii) the fans

iii) the tour as a whole (undermine it)

Zeppelin are a 4 piece band, they don't need Krauss 'popping' in every little while to sing. I know people like the RP/AK album, but the Zeppelin style and the 'Raising Sand' style would not gel and (IMHO) be a bad move.

In essence, a show with Krauss would really spoil the LZ experience thap most of us have been waiting 30 years for.

Bugger it, just put on TSRTS to kick start my want for the LZ tour

Hell would freeze over before Alison would take the stage with Page, Plant, Bonham and Jones. Trust me on that one. :standup_bass:

Archived