Reunion DVD

THanks Achilles! Great info. I am however going through withdrawls. I think most of the bootleg stuff on you tube sucks. There are a couple of good ones, but boy would I LOVE to see what Jimmy can do! Just my two cents.

Zoso

Same here! :wave:

docu-snippets of their beginnings, peak, estrangement then culminating in this bittersweet show - it will be great IMHO

No one's done this before and Zep is very much known for doing what nobody else yet has done - I think they can sell this concert as a movie - a DVD alone would seem something of short change for this band that broke all records and shattered all rules of rock music

ZEPPELIN THE GREATEST BAND OF ALL TIME!

I'm pretty sure the Rolling Stones and Martin Scorsese did this exact same thing with Shine A Light a couple years back.

I do agree that it should be released as a film to be shown in theaters. That would be pretty cool.

But I can also understand what an emotional toll that performance must have taken on the band, then add on to that having to go back through it all and watch/edit/prepare it for release. I wouldn't want to have to go through that myself.

When it all boils down, Robert would have to sign off any release of the 02. Not likely. Could be wrong. Just don't crucify ol' Percy for preserving the "mystique".

Besides, most of us have it anyway. Anyone with Photoshop can make a cool package. ;)

When it all boils down, Robert would have to sign off any release of the 02. Not likely. Could be wrong. Just don't crucify ol' Percy for preserving the "mystique".

Besides, most of us have it anyway. Anyone with Photoshop can make a cool package. ;)

I don't. :(

But I'm prepared to make the coolest package you've ever seen for you if....you know.... :D

It probably will happen just not as soon as most of us thought about a year ago. It'll be on their own time. It seems like something comes up every once in a while to keep the Zeppelin name out there. In the 90s it was the Box Set, then Page/Plant stuff with BBC mixed in. Then the DVD/HTWWW stuff in 02/03, then the Mothership followed by O2 concert. Give it a couple of years when there's nothing out there Zeppelin related it'll come out. There will probably be a CD with it.

• 3 weeks later...
It probably will happen just not as soon as most of us thought about a year ago. It'll be on their own time. It seems like something comes up every once in a while to keep the Zeppelin name out there. In the 90s it was the Box Set, then Page/Plant stuff with BBC mixed in. Then the DVD/HTWWW stuff in 02/03, then the Mothership followed by O2 concert. Give it a couple of years when there's nothing out there Zeppelin related it'll come out. There will probably be a CD with it.

My only hope of a released DVD is that 1 minute video of black dog. All of those cameras rotating around in that video, makes me think it was done for a purpose. Another thing I noticed was that the black dog video on the news is different than the one on the projector, which turns black and white during the middle guitar section. from that, I can conclude that this was filmed not just for the projector for the audience.

My only hope of a released DVD is that 1 minute video of black dog. All of those cameras rotating around in that video, makes me think it was done for a purpose. Another thing I noticed was that the black dog video on the news is different than the one on the projector, which turns black and white during the middle guitar section. from that, I can conclude that this was filmed not just for the projector for the audience.

from that, I can conclude that this was filmed not just for the projector for the audience.

Even if it was filmed for a potential release (or just the band's indulgence), if anyone's unhappy with the performance (or moments therein), or wishes the word of mouth to become legend without the intense scrutiny an official DVD would garner, chances are it won't happen. My impression is that Robert at least would prefer it remain a moment, not a product.

Course, he's been known to take back "never" in the past. ;)

It will definitely be released.

Most likely to be in a form of DVD/Blue Ray and a CD. Or Jimmy could borrow an idea from the R.E.M live CD/DVD all in one package.

Remember,

It Might Get Loud is coming out soon, so there is a lot of press interviews to do and his daughter is getting married in the summer.

He's got plenty going on, but it WILL be released.

IF they do release it I hope it's not chopped to pieces. It really grates on my nerves how concerts and especially videos with concert footage are over edited - chop chop chop chop chop - and then you're left reeling trying to process what the hell you just saw. Just hooooold the frame. Fingers crossed it gets an official release one of these years...

IF they do release it I hope it's not chopped to pieces. It really grates on my nerves how concerts and especially videos with concert footage are over edited - chop chop chop chop chop - and then you're left reeling trying to process what the hell you just saw. Just hooooold the frame. Fingers crossed it gets an official release one of these years...

Since when has Jimmy been known to chop to pieces or at least severely edit concert footage ? :rolleyes:

It is the 40Th anniversary!!!! Put SOMETHING out!!!

That was last year. ;)

Technically the band released its first album in January 1969, if you want to go by that, but they formed and recorded it 1968. :beer:

I assumed the Song Remains the Same Remastered was the 40th anniversary offering, though released conveniently in time for Christmas 2007.

That was last year. ;)

Technically the band released its first album in January 1969, if you want to go by that, but they formed and recorded it 1968. :beer:

I assumed the Song Remains the Same Remastered was the 40th anniversary offering, though released conveniently in time for Christmas 2007.

I agree. But it says on the home page "40Th Anniversary"? I assume this site is going with the release of the first album. But still any official release would be nice.

I agree. But it says on the home page "40Th Anniversary"? I assume this site is going with the release of the first album. But still any official release would be nice.

Haha, I guess they are! I never go in through the home page, so I missed that! :lol:

I don't know. It's getting a little deep into the year to not have heard at least a whisper of rumor.

Haha, I guess they are! I never go in through the home page, so I missed that! :lol:

I don't know. It's getting a little deep into the year to not have heard at least a whisper of rumor.

I don't use the homepage either to get in, but every now and then i have a look to see what Sam has been up to. I agree way to quiet on the rumours. :D

It will definitely be released.

Most likely to be in a form of DVD/Blue Ray and a CD. Or Jimmy could borrow an idea from the R.E.M live CD/DVD all in one package.

Remember,

It Might Get Loud is coming out soon, so there is a lot of press interviews to do and his daughter is getting married in the summer.

He's got plenty going on, but it WILL be released.

How do you know these things? :huh:

Last I heard, Jimmy wasn't any more in favor than Robert.

I think the best chance at an official release is to have another concert. Oh I know what they're saying now....some bitterness seems to prevail. Even before O2, I always thought any tour would be a mistake, but there is absolutely nothing stopping them from having another show....be it two years or five years down the road. At some point even Robert mentioned that an occasional get together wouldn't be such a bad idea. Certainly don't hold your breath, but another one-off concert isn't any more far-fatched than the O2 show seemed in 2004....no matter what anyone tells you now. Like Sean Connery, "Never Say Never Again".

Since when has Jimmy been known to chop to pieces or at least severely edit concert footage ? :rolleyes:

Well I'm not talking about skipping songs or whatever, just how each song is visually presented. Even TSRTS and the P&P "No Quarter" releases were too cut up for my taste so...

Archived