Reunion DVD

I to, like many other fans of led zep would like to see the 02 concert on dvd

I like many other fans did NOT see the concert ,so missed out on this great gig .This one chance to

hear and see rock music as it should be .If plant does not take part in any reunion gig ,then so be it.

Because if there is a replacement singer for plant, it would be ,like having a rolls royce car but replacing the engine for a two stroke moped engine it does not WORK So the dvd o2 may be our last chance as FANS to see the boys in action.

• 2 weeks later...

Jimmi, Robaert and John, please release DVD from O2 Arena Show. Over 25 million of people want to buy this expect knowledge about prize.

ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨

¨°º¤ø„¸ LED ZEPPELIN „ø¤º°¨

¸„ø¤º°¨ROCKS FOREVER!``°º¤ø„

¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this previously, but I think naming the dvd "For Your Life", would be a perfect title as they performed the song and as a tribute to Ahmet. That's what the concert was all about. Just don't go by the lyrics.The song being performed for the very first time was certainly one of the highlights for me. :yesnod::thumbsup:

Yes. I did. I was the first to post it.

(look way back in the O2/ O2 DVD and Ahmet-related threads and you'll find it).

I suggested to call it "For Your Life: The Ahmet Ertegun Tribute", since the song was performed for the first time and it was for Ahmet. :)

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?sh...=5295&st=20

April 17,2008 (1:06pm)...

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?showtopic=7231

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?showtopic=7212

Great minds do think alike or something like that, right? :)

R B)

• 4 weeks later...

You're kidding, right? All the threads about wanting to see them again, arguing about if, when, with whom, whether there ought to be more live releases, what the contecnt of Mothership should have been, what the DVD of the last reunion ought to be called, what the setlist of the next reunion ought to be, what a bugger Plant is because there isn't going to be one, who ought to sing instead of him, what a moron Jimmy's manager is because he didn't get Jimmy out there, need I go on?

(Shout from the gallery: NO!)

No momentum? There are thousands/millions of people prepared to pay what little money they've got left these days for that DVD!

she probably got it after playing the skin flute for somebody a few hours before the show! :D:D
:hysterical: Yeah,bigledzepfan.

What makes you think that the momentum still exists? :huh:
It exists alright Stevedore.People are screaming for anything from the J's with or without Robert Plant.Me,I hope he reconsiders at some stage,obviously when he's ready.

I'd hope not *that* long...the momentum will be killed by then!

Just as The Led Zeppelin DVD has been one of the biggest, if not THE BIGGEST, best seller of all time, an O2 release would easily challenge that.

There are many really good bootleg versions of the show, but a PROFESSIONAL one mastered and oversaw by Jimmy Page would eclipse any music DVD out there.

It HAS to happen eventually.

Just as The Led Zeppelin DVD has been one of the biggest, if not THE BIGGEST, best seller of all time, an O2 release would easily challenge that.

There are many really good bootleg versions of the show, but a PROFESSIONAL one mastered and oversaw by Jimmy Page would eclipse any music DVD out there.

It HAS to happen eventually.

Although Jimmy might edit the shit out of it, rendering the bootlegs still essential...

I didn't go to the reunion,I honestly thought it would just be an exercise in nostalgia.After saying all that,the clips I've seen on sites like YouTube show that the band still sounded great but I just can't see a reunion dvd ever coming to pass.Put simply,one or more members of the band will veto it or it will just get put on the back burner and that will be that.I won't mind being wrong on this but thats just what I feel.

I didn't go to the reunion,I honestly thought it would just be an exercise in nostalgia.After saying all that,the clips I've seen on sites like YouTube show that the band still sounded great but I just can't see a reunion dvd ever coming to pass.Put simply,one or more members of the band will veto it or it will just get put on the back burner and that will be that.I won't mind being wrong on this but thats just what I feel.

I don't think they would have hired a film crew with eighteen cameras for nothing and let it go to waste. I think we'll eventually see it.

werent there official cameras at the concert you can see them at some of the bootlegs and that is a sure sign of a dvd

There were loads of HD cameras all over the place. There were even official video cameras in the crowd. I was about 10 rows back, stage centre, and a bloke next to me had a handheld (but good quality) video camera filming the gig but also the crowd.

Oh to have this gig on Blu-ray. :D

• 2 weeks later...

If Zeppelin eventually put out the O2 show Please make it as good as Queen live in Montreal on blue ray!! This is the best sounding concert i have ever heard. The O2 show has so much potential. I am willing to wait as long as it takes for Jimmy to do it properly.

Well, they've already vetoed it, and it's on the back burner--however, I don't think it will necessarily stay there forever. But that's where it is right now.

Really, you didn't go to the O2 because you thought it would just be an exercise in nostalgia? I mean, even if that's ALL it had been (though it wasn't, IMO), I'd still have thought it would be worth every moment! :)

What makes everyone think it will be so soon? Took them 33 years to release the Royal Albert Hall stuff...

I don't think anyone thinks it will be sooner or later. People wish for it to be soon but no one's assuming that is the case as it might not happen at all.

Archived