Plant honored with CBE

Nech

Finally - some real news, and not just speculation! :D

:D

Now allow me to speculate what SIR Robert Plant will wear as he graces HRH with his majestic presence! I sure would love to see him in frills peeking from the cuffs and collars and buttons of his shirt under his coat tails as he looks so princely in frills. I wish he would leave his glorious hair cascading down his beautiful patrician shoulders. I wish his pants would flare a little bit on the hem as he looks so cute in flares. I wish to see him in full height tower over everyone else with his commanding height and so-people's prince gait. But of course the golden god may dress as he wishes for his wish our command LOL.

Oh Sir Robert you are the hottest Knight in the whole Kingdom!

B)

:D

Now allow me to speculate what SIR Robert Plant will wear as he graces HRH with his majestic presence! I sure would love to see him in frills peeking from the cuffs and collars and buttons of his shirt under his coat tails as he looks so princely in frills. I wish he would leave his glorious hair cascading down his beautiful patrician shoulders. I wish his pants would flare a little bit on the hem as he looks so cute in flares. I wish to see him in full height tower over everyone else with his commanding height and so-people's prince gait. But of course the golden god may dress as he wishes for his wish our command LOL.

Oh Sir Robert you are the hottest Knight in the whole Kingdom! B)

Well, not yet, he's not, a CBE isn't the same as a knighthood (so he's not Sir Robert). But he's a pretty hot CBE. :D

Finally - some real news, and not just speculation! :D

Great to hear this!

Congrats on the accolades for Robert. A very nice achievement indeed.

I hope this doesn't mean anything now that Robert is a Commander and Jimmy an Officer. Let's not read too much into this.

So, Roxie what do you mean about real news? Speculation...what speculation? I am certain that every bit of information on this forum is factual and not just a giant rumor mill! :hysterical:

It's surely better than some other political/social systems, but just not my cup of tea because the class divisions are so obvious and people are "subjects". That's all.

PRACTICALLY does that really mean anything? How am I any different in my everyday life to somebody who doesn't have a Queen or King as head of state?

In my passport it says I am a "British Citizen". :)

They wouldn't lie? Would they???? :unsure:

Mangani, what battle is that in the picture, was it spion kop?

You would think so (as I'm a Liverpool FC fan) but it's Isandlwana 1879.

One of my favourite war paintings. I have a large framed one on my wall at home. :)

You would think so (as I'm a Liverpool FC fan) but it's Isandlwana 1879.

One of my favourite war paintings. I have a large framed one on my wall at home. :)

Rorkes Drift, Natal, 22-23/01/1879.

Where the most VC's were awarded in battle, eleven in all.

Zulu is a great movie with Michael Caine and Stanley Baker.

PRACTICALLY does that really mean anything? How am I any different in my everyday life to somebody who doesn't have a Queen or King as head of state?

In my passport it says I am a "British Citizen". :)

They wouldn't lie? Would they???? :unsure:

Ok, I believe you are a citizen allright (although "subject" is still sometimes used in discourse of legislature, donno why...). Times are changing, but still monarchy represents inequality to some small extent, even though constitutional monarchies can also be prime examples of equality and progress, like Sweden :) .

I'm also extremely happy about Robert receiving high official recognition from his country ... it's just that I wish the Zeps and others who deserve it, would receive some prestigeous prize instead of getting tied to the Queen. :whistling: Sorry!

Recipients are asked in advance if they want the award, before it's announced, to save the embarrassment of people refusing it.

Hey-Up Aquamarine,

Its very true in what you say, as my now late father became a MBE, & he was asked about 5 weeks in advance, but NOT for his musical talents, but for other lesser know occupations??? :unsure:.

Robert gets his CBE for his quote 200m Album sales, i thought it was nearer 300m!! ?, but didnt Jimmy (Should be SIR) recieve his for his work with the ABC Trust, Children of Brazil??. :notworthy:

For those outside the UK, who don't quite understand the Systen over here :whistling: We dont Either, as these days, it seems that if you have enough money £££/$$$ you can buy a Title, & do nothing to earn it, just a thought!! :sarcastic_hand: .

All the Best to all for the New Year, & WELL DONE ROBERT, I remember our "Chat" at Wembley Arena 22/05/08,(Whyalla will vouch for me..) while you were on stage with Alison.

Hang-man :ph34r:

Archived