Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dpat

Your absolute favorite song from Physical Graffiti?

Your favorite track from Physical Graffiti   348 members have voted

1. 1. Sorry, I had to combine some tracks -- this website only allows a max of 12 choices!

• Custard Pie
    • The Rover
    • In My Time of Dying
    • House of the Holy
    • Trampled Underfoot
    • Kashmir
    • In the Light
    • Bron-Yr-Aur / Down by the Seaside / Boogie with Stu / Black Country Woman
    • Ten Years Gone
    • Night Flight
    • The Wanton Song
    • Sick Again

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

153 posts in this topic

If I had to pick just one I guess it would be Tens Year Gone.

My favourite 'segment' from PG is the 4 song 'Bron-Yr-Aur/Down By The Seaside/Ten Years Gone/Nightflight' section.

PS) Never cared for In My Time Of Dying. Overlong and a bit pretentious and I just don't think it goes anywhere interesting. My least favourite song on PG.

Edited by Mangani

Trampled Underfoot (along with Achilles Last Stand) are my 2 all time fave Zep songs.

I love the tandem of Bron-Yr-Aur followed by Down By The Seaside it's not as tight as Heartbreaker/Livin'Lovin'Maid, but it's an awesome combo anyway

"Ten Years Gone" because of the simple yet seductive lyrics (Page and Plant).

"Did you ever really need somebody, And really need 'em bad?

Did you ever really want somebody, The best love you ever had.

Do you ever remember me, baby, did it feel so good?

'Cause it was just the first time, And you knew you would."

Throw the guitar mastery in and that's it for me. missy.

"Kashmir"

This is pretty much the same situation like it is in Led Zeppelin IV. Physical Graffiti is a great album and has so much great songs but I couldn't have picked other song than "Kashmir". It is an absolute masterpiece and definitely one of the greatest masterpieces of all time. It is one of the rare songs that shocked me when I first heard them. I was in awe after hearing first opening riffs. It still amazes me with its greatness and awesomeness. :) My other favorite songs of Physical Graffiti are "Ten Years Gone", "In The Light", and "In My Time Of Dying".

Great album, my favorite is Ten Years Gone. A lot of emotion in that song.

Kashmir. The atmosphere is in the song itself.

I've never understood why this album has epic songs like Kashmir, In The Light, The Rover.

BUT Houses Of The Holy always does it for me! I just don't know why :blink:

Ten years gone has all the dynamics and shifts of Jimmy's true genius.

Whenever I get a song that I can't stand in my head, I have a few songs I go to that have the right sonic qualities to erase that terrible song from my memory. Kashmir is one of them. It washes away all musical iniquities with its perfection.

Kashmir is so ridiculously hypnotic. There's no way I could not choose it.

thats the worst ordering of all timee...ur a jokee

And you need some manners! His response is just as valid as any other huh?

This is so hard for me there isnt a bad song on this absolute stunner of an album

Gotta be Kashmir with Houses of The Holy at a VERY close second.

Ok. I like them all, but my absolute fave would have to be Night Flight. I love everything about that song.

Tough choice. I voted for IN MY TIME OF DYING because it is such a rockin tune. Great song. This is too good an album to narrow to one track.

PG is THE only double album I can think in the history of rock where I love every track! Not even the Beatle's "White Album" can get that honor from me!

Changes over time,used to listen to In My Time Of Dying,Kashmir non stop but I think i'd vote for The Rover at the moment followed by In The Light.

Bloody hell. Hard choice. I think it has to be In The Light. I love that intro

The section starting at 2:30 of Ten Years Gone is just so beautiful. Not just the guitar solo, but the chord progression underneath it. And the lyrics are incredible as well. Great song.

Yeah, The White Album is all over the place isn't it? You have these pop tunes like "Obla-Di, Obla Di" that sound like bubble-gum next to screaming rockers like "Helter Skelter" and avaunt-guarde aural sculptures for which the world is not yet ready some 40 years after its' release (Revolution No. 9), and it's just chaotic the way it shifts gears.

Had to vote for "Kashmir" on this one. It sends me out into those desert sands every time; few songs have this effect, Cole Porter's "Begin the Beguin" is another, and Hoagy Carmicheal's immortal "Stardust." Timeless tunes that bands and orchestras will be playing centures from now.