I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

Imagine that - Spats likes a film done by, starring, and intended for just men...

You do surprise us.

I'm probably gonna see Drag Me To Hell and The Hangover soonish. I want to see The Hangover and my boyfriend wants to see DMTH, so we've compromised - I'll go with him to see DMTH and he takes me out to see the Hangover. Two cinema trips a man will be forking out for - it's enough to bring Spats out in a sweat.

Yeah it does. :rolleyes:

It's only natural i would like movies like that. I am not going to be able to relate to a movie directed at women.

The original or remake?

Hi ninelives! The remake. (Sorry, I should've mentioned how great Denzel Washington and John Travolta were as well as the supporting cast: Gandolfini & Tarturo) Riveting throughout. Just like the original in that regard. It was a thrill to see my neighborhood in some of the scenes! :) And I do love seeing movies at the cinema. The audience reaction is an important part of my movie experience. I give it a ... :thumbsup:

(I live only a couple of subway stops from the movie house. Needless to say, I walked home.) :P

Hmmm? Travolta vs. Shaw? Dunno: both have their own takes on the villainous character.

Sting_2.jpgsubway-1.jpg

Edited by Fan_S.

I saw "The Hangover" last night and laughed so hard I thought I was going to quit breathing. Funniest movie I have seen in years. Pure escapism, no intellectual value whatsoever. I highly recommend this movie an an antidote to a strssful day at work or a bad week.

I saw "The Hangover" last night and laughed so hard I thought I was going to quit breathing. Funniest movie I have seen in years. Pure escapism, no intellectual value whatsoever. I highly recommend this movie an an antidote to a strssful day at work or a bad week.

I just saw it tonight with my boyfriend. We laughed the shit off that film - it was so fucking funny! Me thinks I may have to go back and watch it again.

To-da-loo, motherfuckaaaaaaa!

:D

I just saw it tonight with my boyfriend. We laughed the shit off that film - it was so fucking funny! Me thinks I may have to go back and watch it again.

To-da-loo, motherfuckaaaaaaa!

:D

I've heard a number of people say the movie is funny as anything. It's playing near me so I may have to check it out.

I've heard a number of people say the movie is funny as anything. It's playing near me so I may have to check it out.

I'd recommend it. I'm 'down' with the low-brow 'bro' comedies - in fact they're my favourite because they don't hold back, and they're just made to make you laugh. There are many, many films out there that are both funny and intelligent - and this probably won't be one of them. But that doesn't bother me. It was intended to entertain and it sure did.

I watched my Paris Je T'aime DVD this morning. The next movies I want to see are Up and The Hangover. Especially the latter...I saw the trailer and thought it was so funny!

How was Paris Je T'aime? I wanted to see that in the theater but it left too quick.

I'd recommend it. I'm 'down' with the low-brow 'bro' comedies - in fact they're my favourite because they don't hold back, and they're just made to make you laugh. There are many, many films out there that are both funny and intelligent - and this probably won't be one of them. But that doesn't bother me. It was intended to entertain and it sure did.

Nothing wrong with mindless comedy sometimes :D

anvil.jpg

Everything my friends have said about this movie is true. It's definitely worth seeing. However I must say it was more on their recommendations that I went to see it. Thank goodness because the near endless hyping of it on VH1 Classic nearly kept me away. Yes, the hype is worth it to encourage people to see the movie but I believe the ad campaign started in late '08 and hasn't let up since. I think that's because Viacom or whoever owns the VH1, MTV, CMT franchise these days also has some sort of financial interest in the movie. Fan or not, it'll make you wanna buy one of their CDs just to help them out.

I have been away working for the last three months. This weekend we went to the theatre to see Angles and Demons. I thought the movie was alright but i liked the book much more. I don't like it when the movie deviates from the book! We also watched Grand Torino and Australia at home on blue ray. I liked both of these but I really enjoyed Clint! :D

Just saw Up. Wow. This movie doesn't quite reach the thematic consistency and emotional impact of Wall-E, but Pixar is definitely on a mean streak.

Both the funniest movie I've seen this year and the most brilliant exploration of the mundane vs the extraordinary I've seen, ever.

The movie is absurd, yet everything fits together so thoroughly and consistently in its own cartoon logic, like a Flannery O'Connor story or something. The smallest detail that's forgettable in 99% of movies turns out to have it's own unique place.

Not to mention the stunningly imaginative script.

Some of the best art I've seen all year, at least. It's really amazing someone's managed to create anything so objectively great across all audiences, and awesome to see that such gifted and creative artists are spending their time working on children's animated films. Actually, come to think of it, the reason Up was so perfect is that it's the exact opposite of Shrek. It always creeped me out when people would say that Shrek was "for both kids and adults" because they told some dick jokes and bits of adult humor that would go over kids' heads. Up speaks through symbols and metaphors, and really beautifully respects the intelligence of anyone watching the film, whether they're a kid or an adult. I think that's all too rare in "children's" settings. Anyway, it was a seriously great movie, and up there with Wall-E.

Huzzah for Up.

Edited by CaliforniaÜberAlles

• 2 weeks later...