If Led Zeppelin Played Beatles Covers

jabe

Admittedly, The Beatles and Led Zeppelin are neck to neck as my favorite bands. There is no close second.

I've been on a huge Beatles kick of late and got to thinking what Zepp renditions of Beatles tunes might float my boat. The first three that popped into my mushy skull:

When I Get Home

Come Together

Oh! Darling

pretty sure they did a bit of "i saw her standing there" on on early show..........didn't they?.....do believe i have it (and i'm sure it's out there)

my fave was always the version of "for your love" they played at the Boston tea party show...........always loved it

(yes.....i know.......not a beatles tune):P

pretty sure they did a bit of "i saw her standing there" on on early show..........didn't they?.....do believe i have it (and i'm sure it's out there)

my fave was always the version of "for your love" they played at the Boston tea party show...........always loved it

(yes.....i know.......not a beatles tune):P

this is true, the Live On Blueberry Hill Bootleg has I Saw Her Standing There in the Communication Breakdown medley. I also believe they play Some Other Guy in the Whole Lotta Love Medley from the same bootleg/concert.

While is would be interesting to hear. Both bands had different styles. I Beatles came off to me as more sappy and love orientated. Zep were more sexual in their lyrics. Nothing wrong with that. The Beatles had more purity to their image. Like the guys you could take home to mom if you were a girl. Zep would get with your mom if she was hot.

The Beatles were more melodic and Zep was more Groove orienated. When I think of the Beatles. I think of their vocal harmonies. Zep I think of the Guitar/Bass/Drum riffs with Robert wailing around it. The Beatles were never going to extend their Jams. I want you/Shes so Heavy is more Zeppelin in their approach. While Going to California is more Beatles in their approach.

Mc7

• 3 months later...

She Said, She Said played a little faster, Everybody's Got Something to Hide cuz Jonesy could handle the bass line, Robert could rock Yer Blues, One After 909 for the "old days" Rock n' Roll and Tax Man cuz Page would SHRED that solo!

• 4 weeks later...

Also, they did:

- "Money" (Seattle June 19, 1972; and Frankfurt June 30, 1980)

- 1:45-minute bits of "Some other Guy" (various shows between Sep 4 and 19, 1970)

- a 1:45 bit of "Slow Down" (The Forum, June 25, 1972)

The "Twist and Shout" bit was relatively long (just over 2 mins) and was at the famous Osaka 9-29-71 show, in the WLL medley.

They also did numerous snippets of other Beatles songs, ranging from a few seconds to about 30 seconds, mostly (but not only) in WLL medleys.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I hate the Beatles. I really don't like ANY of their songs. Really it's a Lennon thing since I can listen to any of the other three post-Beatles and actually like some George Harrison stuff (And I'm not here to debate that I just say it to give some context for my next statement). Anyways, I've thought for awhile that the song Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is so close to being something I could get into if only the right person covered it. Maybe Led Zeppelin could have made it awesome since I like all of their songs. Jimi Hendrix got really close but I still think his version still comes up just a little short.

Archived