What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I finally realized that I could save a lot of money by buying the Heavy Duty Zinc Chloride 9 Volt Batteries for use in Low - Drain Devices, like Smoke Detectors and Clock Radios, instaed of buying the more expensive Alkaline Batteries. The price of the Heavy Duty Batteries is about a third less than the Alkaline Batteries.

I hope he is bringing some good wine? And some olives and olive oil? Have fun in the heat! If he goes to an Orioles game with you tell him not to expect muchcool.gif

He did bring wine! :)

Nats game tomorrow night - StrasMania!! (O's are out of town, or we'd be going...)

Summer FINALLY got here. :thanku:

Did it ever!! Which makes me happy that we installed central air conditioning a couple years ago even though we need to use it only one or two weeks per year. Also happy that we're on a private well so I don't feel guilty for watering the yard several hours per day.

I'm getting my new pair of Ray Ban frames in a week and 1/2 :banana: !!

(In brown, so it blends naturally with my dark hair, eyebrows, and eyes. At least that's what the lady told me :lol: )

http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/products/optical/RB5121

They so pretty :wub:

Did you get the ones that fold? I got those last year- I love them. Less chance of breaking because of compact size. B)

I finally got the complete Led Zeppelin CD collection. It's a box set and I got it used, and on sale, for 40 bucks. I have an almost complete collection on vinyl, but I can't play those in the car. I used to have them all on my ipod, but I don't have it anymore. So I'm really excited about this. What Zep fan doesn't have every album? Haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the complete Led Zeppelin CD collection. It's a box set and I got it used, and on sale, for 40 bucks. I have an almost complete collection on vinyl, but I can't play those in the car. I used to have them all on my ipod, but I don't have it anymore. So I'm really excited about this. What Zep fan doesn't have every album? Haha.

What a lucky one you are. Did you get it online?

wintersnowblanket.jpg

morningsnow16212.jpg

Congrats! I think my mom taught me to use our washing machine when I was 13. That was the last time she ever did a load of my dirty clothes.

I always knew that I was going to end up having to learn to do it before I went to college, but that wasn't the underlying reason I finally learned how. My mom used to do laundry regularly, and whenever my stepdad (both my parents are divorced and remarried and I see both regularly) or I would ask if we could help out, she said she didn't mind doing it. But this summer she's been really busy with work, and so she hasn't really done any laundry (which is completely fine with me because her work is really hard), but the reality was that I haven't had very many clean clothes. In fact most of the time this summer I've made a point of wearing the same shorts for at least 3 days in a row if they aren't messy. However, socks and boxers are a differant matter, so one day after she got home I asked her how to do it and she showed me. Oh and by the way, Zeppelin I is a really good album to listen to while doing laundry. :D Anyone ever tried this?

Swim team is over :cheer: just have the awards picnic this afternoon. And then fall activities begin next week; no rest for the weary. All 3 kids swam great, my son is entering HS in the fall and will be on the varsity swim team; this will be new for us.

Swim team is over :cheer: just have the awards picnic this afternoon. And then fall activities begin next week; no rest for the weary. All 3 kids swam great, my son is entering HS in the fall and will be on the varsity swim team; this will be new for us.

Happy to hear that your kids did well :thumbsup:

Hi everyone

Hearing about Dandu getting married made me happy today. I even cried!

And now I just saw the vid posted there, and Robert changes the words, just for them, to 'If the sun refused to shine, HE would still be MARRYING you'. WOW!!

Ok, the guitars were a little out of tune, but even so - what a priceless thing to have, and to be able to tell everyone 'Hey, the singer in Led Zeppelin changed the words - JUST FOR US'.

Toni

Hearing of Dans proposal to his lady last night while Robert sang Thank You.

My cup runneth over with joy and emotions as I think back to a little 9 year old girl hearing Led Zeppelin for the first time, saving my chore and babysitting money to buy my first album at 11, then seeing them live for the first time at almost 13. How the music from these men together or on their own has helped me through the best and worst times in my life.

Now almost 41 years later, they still take hold of my heart and soul with this magnificent gift of music they have shared with us...and what a treasured gift it has been.

I feel as though I have made many wonderful friends on this forum. How blessed I am to have chosen this band above all others to go through this journey of life.

Going to band camp tomorrow :) !! It lasts for about 2 weeks I think, but I really don't mind waking up at 6:45 every morning becasue i've been told it'll be alot of fun.

I'm pretty excited for Marching band, its something so new! Though, what i'm mostly kinda scared about is the memorizing music part. But again, i've been told that you play it soooo much it just starts to grow on you.

Hi everyone

Hearing about Dandu getting married made me happy today. I even cried!

And now I just saw the vid posted there, and Robert changes the words, just for them, to 'If the sun refused to shine, HE would still be MARRYING you'. WOW!!

Ok, the guitars were a little out of tune, but even so - what a priceless thing to have, and to be able to tell everyone 'Hey, the singer in Led Zeppelin changed the words - JUST FOR US'.

Toni

ditto :)

Going to band camp tomorrow :) !! It lasts for about 2 weeks I think, but I really don't mind waking up at 6:45 every morning becasue i've been told it'll be alot of fun.

I'm pretty excited for Marching band, its something so new! Though, what i'm mostly kinda scared about is the memorizing music part. But again, i've been told that you play it soooo much it just starts to grow on you.

Oh, have fun with it!! :) I was in the marching band in HS and it was really fun; we went on some great trips! (I played clarinet). It really wasn't hard to memorize the music and steps.