First Zep song to melt your brain

Peep Solero

• 1 month later...

Immigrant Song. I liked it even before I became a fan of the band, and loved it after. To me it seemed like a song that was way ahead of it's time.

I really can't remember because it was probably when i was about 5 years old.... but whatever it was, it caused me to become obsessed with LZ. I do know that the first time I heard No Quarter off of TSRTS it gave me what i like to call, a "musical orgasm". it was seriously better than 90% of the sex i've had. oh yeah, i also have mild synesthesia so whenever i hear Kashmir, this weird taste comes into my mouth and it's like i'm eating the music. crazy stuff. and yeah, that's without taking any drugs, FYI.

Kashmir was the first time I ever heard a Led Zeppelin song. I just couldn't believe the the music i was hearing. The drums, the keyboard, the lyrics, the middle-eastern vibe. I knew there was something special about this band. Boy was I right.

Ok...This is a very personal Q...Sitting in a friends room back in the day(when a nickel cost $5) and someone pulled up and was playing The Ocean...AHHHH what a day!!! Then Came Over the Hills and Far Away...Been hooked ever since...Ahhhhh those were the days my friends...

Peace

Mary Jane

• 1 month later...

About 20 years ago, a buddy of mine was sitting next to me listening to Over the Hills and Far Away over a pair of headphones. I could just barely hear the stuff that was escaping his headphones, but it was incredible. I said "Who or what are you listening to?!!" "Led Zeppelin" he replied. From that moment on I was hooked.

Reading these posts, and remembering my experience, I wish I could forget all the songs so that I could hear them again for the first time... :rolleyes:

^

To the best of my recollection "The Lemon Song" as well. I remember Zeppelin II being my first Zep album, but then i bought Zeppelin I very soon thereafter, and that whole album blew me away for months! I used to put on my headphones and sleep to it.

I would have to say d&c just blew me away in 1975 1 was 13teen than i saw tsrts fell total inlove with jimmy!! :wub::wub: and still going on strong! Every time i see my older brother come visit i always request zeppelin for him to play on his guitar, :D

my dad played me Stairway from TSRTS about 5 years ago... and I eventually bought all the albums... and I remember listening to Dazed and Confused on my headphones in the car... and feeling like I was hit by a freight train going 70mph

but, the one that really got me was listening to Achilles Last Stand, again, just after I got it, on my headphones in the car... and feeling like my mind was fucked beyond belief and that I would never be the same... that song branded me and the scars burn everytime I listen to it...

near-orgasmic whenever I hear any LZ tune... its somethng I experience with no other band or song and I still cant explain it to anyone...

I'll be sure my kids learn to love LZ while in the womb and I'll take my love for them to the grave and beyond! (now I sound like a total loser... :rolleyes: )

Whoa, let the sun beat down upon my face

And stars to fill my dream

I am a traveler of both time and space

To be where I have been

T' sit with elders of the gentle race

This world has seldom seen

Th' talk of days for which they sit and wait

All will be revealed.

Archived