Jimmy's manager confirms tour?

bonzo1026

That's very, very sad that the Triple J partnership didn't work out. I was so looking forward to seeing Jimmy play live this year.

I read the other day that Jeff Beck has announced a slew of tour dates. For two of the shows, he'll be opening for his old Yardbirds predecessor, Eric Clapton. Since Pagey's dance card is open, maybe the triumvirate of rock guitarists could do a Yardbirds reunion. Eric has reunited with Cream and Blind Faith (sorta - Steve Winwood anyway). Several key members of Derek & the Dominoes are sadly departed, so that option is out. Really, who else but The Yardbirds has yet to reunite?

En usko että tapahtuu, Robert on aika selkeesti kertonut omat suunnitelmansa. Eli ei kannata elätellä toiveita, valitettavasti. Ja onhan ne esiintyneet LZ nimellä jo kolme kertaa, vaikkei Bonzo ole mukana, olisivat hyvin voineet käyttää sitä nimeä. Kurjaa, mutta eiköhän tämä ilmalaiva ole jo lähtenyt.

I do not think that happens, Robert is the time to clear the told my plans. Eli is not in favor of hope, unfortunately. After all, they appeared as LZ already three times, although Bonzo not involved, would be well able to use it as a name. Miserable, but I think that the air boat is already gone.

Google translation

Let's just wait and see what really transpires. :)

I will believe it when it is on the NEWS page here (and posted by Admin)...

Until then, it's anyone's guess (if they do or don't)...

R B)

Too funny his comment..."Fuck if I know." :D And about "people talking about it"....well, Mr. Manager...if you would've issued a statement sooner......perhaps we would STOP talking about it!!!

Sheesh! :wacko:

:rtfm:

If only that would happen - Robert issued a statement and look at how people are still analyzing and questioning it :blink::lol:

Leave it to MusicRadar to see the silver lining on this dark cloud. Now that Alter Bridge singer Myles Kennedy won't be hooking up with Messrs Page, Jones and Bonham, the good news is this: no Creed reunion!

thank god!

I'm sorry, I'm not sure about that. Thought I heard it around here. It wouldn't be a shock if he did go, he attended the Toronto Film Festival...

Can't speak to Jimmy Page's stamina for touring at 65, but I had the pleasure of seeing him in Toronto during the fim festival. I snuck my way onto the red carpet (and believe me, it wasn't easy). But seeing him there, wow, what a thrill. I still get all excited thinking about it. Anyway, back to my point. He looked absolutely fantastic - healthy, happy (all smiles the entire evening) and well, gotta say it, gorgeous as ever. I say he can definitely tour!!!

Can't speak to Jimmy Page's stamina for touring at 65, but I had the pleasure of seeing him in Toronto during the fim festival. I snuck my way onto the red carpet (and believe me, it wasn't easy). But seeing him there, wow, what a thrill. I still get all excited thinking about it. Anyway, back to my point. He looked absolutely fantastic - healthy, happy (all smiles the entire evening) and well, gotta say it, gorgeous as ever. I say he can definitely tour!!!

I feel kinda bad for jimmy, he had some great hopes and expectations for this project. However, hes led a great life so cant really feel to sorry for him. Now, you and I, were all working schumcks with no money, no fame, no respect, debt, etc. It us I feel sorry for :D

I feel kinda bad for jimmy, he had some great hopes and expectations for this project. However, hes led a great life so cant really feel to sorry for him. Now, you and I, were all working schumcks with no money, no fame, no respect, debt, etc. It us I feel sorry for :D

I will agree that there seems to be a lot of negative feedback about this supposed tour. That annoys me to no end. Are we supposed to be fans? Then, why would anyone of us complain about any upcoming recording or tour, in whatever form it should take? OK, I know I'm really going on now. By the way, anyone starting a thread to wish Jimmy a happy b-day?

If only that would happen - Robert issued a statement and look at how people are still analyzing and questioning it :blink::lol:

Yes, you'd think that this-- The whole thing is completely over now. There are absolutely no plans for them to continue. Zero. --would be similarly unambiguous, but we could lay bets on how many different ways people will find to interpret it.

Yes, you'd think that this-- The whole thing is completely over now. There are absolutely no plans for them to continue. Zero. --would be similarly unambiguous, but we could lay bets on how many different ways people will find to interpret it.

I still have dreams of a solo acoustic album from James....

To me it seems that even Page's manager doesn't know what really is going on, or how would you explain the BBC report? Probably Jones and Page have no plans at the moment, but who knows how they feel tomorrow, or two years from now. Robert on the other hand has commitments at the moment, but has he ever said that he never wants to work with Page and/or Jones again? He surely doesn't agree to go on a full rock tour and appear like a dinosaur, but there are other ways to do things as well.

I will agree that there seems to be a lot of negative feedback about this supposed tour. That annoys me to no end. Are we supposed to be fans? Then, why would anyone of us complain about any upcoming recording or tour, in whatever form it should take? OK, I know I'm really going on now. By the way, anyone starting a thread to wish Jimmy a happy b-day?

Yes, way too much negativity! People need to get this threw their stubborn skulls, if a tour(and album) happens, it will NOT BE LED ZEPPELIN because no Plant. Even if by some odd reason it is called Led Zeppelin, it wont be the same Zeppelin from the 70's and O2 in 2007.

We should support the 3 J's and be happy if they do somthin. If any1 doesnt than good, cause then i have a better chance of gettin a ticket.

My first reaction to reading the first article was "Isn't this basically what's been rumored the past few months? Nothing new there".

And for the second article, my first thought was technically he is correct. Whatever this group was constructed to be, it would not be Led Zeppelin. Now I guess there will be nothing at all.

I hope they eventually work on something either together or separately-as long as there's creative juices that need to be released! :D

Jimmy Page is 65 on Friday, I don't think i'd wanna be tossing it off round the world on tours at that age, would be a bit knackering :blink: he must feel up for it though :D

Eric Clapton is 64 and he's still touring (and putting on kick ass shows). Pagey can do it. DO IT JIMMY!

Jimmy Page is 65 on Friday, I don't think i'd wanna be tossing it off round the world on tours at that age, would be a bit knackering :blink: he must feel up for it though :D

I'd be bold enough to say Pagey is probably in better health than he was the last time Zeppelin toured Europe.

And Chuck Berry, who just turned 82..still tours worldwide and puts on a fine show. If there's any musical role model for Page's generation, it continues to be Chuck. B)

It is upsetting, but I don't know how it can be made any clearer:

Jimmy's manager says "They have tried out new singers. None worked out. It's over. They have no plans of continuing."

That's it. We just have to accept it.

It does seem psycho that one statement gives hope and the next one dashes it to pieces.

I have no doubt that their age will not hinder them, and with a new singer I can see renewed interest and enthusiasm. I look forward to this.

I don't think age is a problem either, but look forward to what? The article said

"They tried out a few singers, but no one worked out," says Mensch. "That was it. The whole thing is completely over now. There are absolutely no plans for them to continue. Zero. Frankly, I wish everybody would stop talking about it."

When asked what new projects Jimmy Page was going to be involved with in 2009, Mensch said, "Fuck if I know. I'm waiting to hear."

I'm confused, is Page's manager talking out of both sides of his mouth? Now he's saying they're not doing anything (if you believe this link from 53 minutes ago):

Page Manager Says Zep is Over

Those first comments concerning making a go of it circulated back in November 2008. These new comments announcing rehearsals didn't work out and it's well and truly all over are being made as Jimmy's 65th birthday draws near (Friday). It's a real shame.

People all over the world have such a desire to show him their love, appreciation, and

bid Jimmy a fond farewell.

Eric Clapton is 64 and he's still touring (and putting on kick ass shows).

Well, yes and no. He wasn't soloing as much as in the past, delegating that to the other

guitarists on stage. Also found he couldn't get through the tour without napping every

afternoon. You know modern travel is physically exhausting, even when done in style.

The difference with Jimmy of course is if it ain't a Zeppelin thing he can't be bothered

to do it at all.

Archived