Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
bouillon

Not so hot Zep songs

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which are your THREE least favourite?

Boullion explained why on this page and I agree, Fool In the Rain wasn't a great Zep moment. Neither was Carouselambra which was late 70's bloat deluxe.

Wearing and Tearing didn't make the final album, but these two did. Go figure, to this day I can't.

The only song on that list I like is Fool In The Rain. So, all of them but that one. Also, Stairway To Heaven.

fool in the rain great song..

Seeing what songs these die-hard Zeppelin fans don't like is a hoot! And to think how some get worked up about what Keith Richards says about the band.

3 least favorite LZ songs: Hots on for nowhere, Hotdog, & Carouselambra. i am one of those irritating individuals who thinks that nearly everything after Physical Graffiti was substantially lesser to all which preceded it.

Ozone baby one of the least popular!? no way. Thats the best from the last two albums. I know i'm going to get a lot of disagreement but the only Zep song i really cannot listen to is The Battle of Evermore, i just can't stand it.

Edited by Led In My Head

I have to say, I like most of the songs on this list. Ozone Baby having the second most votes, no way. JPJ bass line on that song alone is reason enough to love it. The one song on this list that I've never had much use for is Hats Off To Roy Harper. I can't put it into words, but I just never got that song. The weakest closer on any Zep album.

I'm one of the people who likes all of the songs.

Led Zeppelin is one of 2 bands that didn't create 1 bad song, the other being Jimi Hendrix/Band Of Gypsys.

Led Zeppelin is one of 2 bands that didn't create 1 bad song, the other being Jimi Hendrix/Band Of Gypsys.

Good one there Amstel

Good one there Amstel

BestBandStill, I am not being a "homer" when I say that.

I really believe everything they've done is golden - same with Jimmy Hendrix.

1. D'yer Mak'er: the *only* truly bad song LZ did. I haven't listened to this all the way through since I was a kid. Blech. Oh! Oh! Oh!

2. I'm Gonna Crawl. At best, it's OK when I'm in a particular mood. Otherwise, it can come off as a Vegas lounge lizard song.

3. Any drum solos. Not bad, but they can get boring. Maybe if I were a drummer, I'd have a different perspective.

1. D'yer Mak'er: the *only* truly bad song LZ did. I haven't listened to this all the way through since I was a kid. Blech. Oh! Oh! Oh!

2. I'm Gonna Crawl. At best, it's OK when I'm in a particular mood. Otherwise, it can come off as a Vegas lounge lizard song.

3. Any drum solos. Not bad, but they can get boring. Maybe if I were a drummer, I'd have a different perspective.

Any drum solos????? I take it that if you have seen Zep live you did not enjoy the drumming bits, Bonzos solos could last 45+ mins, what would you do, go for a walk?

D'Yer Mak'er is a terrible song... failed attempt at reggae "When I read the letter you sent me, it made me mah mah mad" wow.. thats really bad

I can only say that when D'yer Mak'er came out reggae wasnt actually mainstream.

So it wasnt seen as a reggae styled song at the time was it?

It's a great tune :)

what would you do, go for a walk?

Heh--I don't know. I didn't see LZ in concert (I wasn't quite 7 when Bonham died), but I assume I'd watch it since I don't leave a show once it begins. But on CD/DVD, I usually skip to the next song.

I decided not to speak my mind haha

Edited by JLee93

How did "The Crunge" make the list? That song always puts me in a good mood!

OMG, I enjoy all of those. Really, you don't like Bonzo's Montreaux? I used to dislike The Crunge, but I even enjoy that now.

My least favorites are Hot Dog, Bonzo's Montreaux, and Candy Store Rock.

My least favorite songs are dancing days, and fool in the rain, I also am not fond of the 73' versions of Since I've Been Loving You...

I can't believe Fool in the Rain is on there! I know you don't like to hear this but it has maybe the greatest drum beat ever, and is just an amazing song. I think you did forget South Bound Saurez, that song is definitely not so hot.

After all these years I still can't stand The Crunge.The idea may have been ok for a 'b' side but it sticks out like dogs balls on the lp.It's recorded wrong,too dry sounding,Plants vocals too close to the mid and too compressed and shut that confounded synthesiser up.

The vastly overplayed Stairway to Heaven.