What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Upgraded my cable today for the sole purpose of getting MLB network & I get the NFL Network and Turner Classic Movies to boot. I'm about as happy as a pig in slop.

:D

Mazel tov! It's a worthwhile investment!!

^ Thanks Kate. The Calorie day has been the hardest. It is the balance of eating a breakfast, loads of green tea and a dinner in the evening which is both tasty and @ 500 calories. Last evening I made A tray of baked veg. Fennel Bulb, Courgette,Carrots and leeks ( sorry) in veg stock and a baked piece of skinless and boneless Salmon. It was yum. Not drinking wine in the evening is the easiest part. I am now sans wine ( i don't drink beer) 4 days a week. Before I would open a red when Mrs CP got home and we would relax with a smoke and by 9.30 i would be nearly asleep !! I am one of those people who if a bottle is opened I would drink it - all of it. Having said that this is not a rigid rule. If we go out for dinner or I am at a friends midweek I will indulge.

It is interesting though when it is recycling day the bottle bin is nearly empty. :)

Why apologize for leeks?

I'm happy for a number of reasons...mainly that it was such a glorious beautiful day outside and I managed to finish this task I needed to do involving the bureaucracy of Los Angeles much sooner than expected...I was finished by noon.

Then I received a nice and unexpected treat from the mailman that made my day.

Watched my first baseball of the year...Cubs @ Dodgers...and realized I missed baseball more than I realized. Or maybe it was that I missed Vin Scully. The Dodgers won, too.

Took a nap afterwards and now am watching the Kings vs. Ducks hockey game, and enjoying a glass of wine.

I am a fan of leeks and they are the same family as onions but far sweeter, in my opinion

I don't understand why New Zealand wine is so expensive here Strider. Oz wine is far cheaper but not as good. Here is a good website to give you an idea how prices are. I go to this warehouse occasionally but my local wine man has an excellent range of wines especially Rioja.

www.majestic.co.uk

The chat about Leaks (leeks) has made me Happy today, who would have thought such a simple word could give anyone such a laugh!!!

I can't Digest Leeks, that is why I dislike them...

And this Leak started out as a Trickle going past my House and within 24 Hours it was a rather fast Running Torrent, that we had to endure for nearly a week, and it took them even longer to clear all the extra soil after the repair, and they still have not done anything about the 2 pot holes yet!!!

The chat about Leaks (leeks) has made me Happy today, who would have thought such a simple word could give anyone such a laugh!!!

I can't Digest Leeks, that is why I dislike them...

And this Leak started out as a Trickle going past my House and within 24 Hours it was a rather fast Running Torrent, that we had to endure for nearly a week, and it took them even longer to clear all the extra soil after the repair, and they still have not done anything about the 2 pot holes yet!!!

I love the English language - how we have 2 words that sound the same but have the extreme opposite. Bit like POT :D

Good idea about the holes is to complain about them - in writing. Take a few snaps making sure there is a landmark to show that these are the ones. Then get a bicycle and ram into the hole - ensuring maximum damage to the 2 wheeler. Later drink vast quantities of your favourite tipple and ask a friend (or yourself) to hit yourself very hard on the knee or hands with a house brick or any suitable heavy object.

Call an ambulance and go to A&E to get patched up.

Finally contact a Solicitor and sue the fuckers !!!

I love the English language - how we have 2 words that sound the same but have the extreme opposite. Bit like POT :D

Good idea about the holes is to complain about them - in writing. Take a few snaps making sure there is a landmark to show that these are the ones. Then get a bicycle and ram into the hole - ensuring maximum damage to the 2 wheeler. Later drink vast quantities of your favourite tipple and ask a friend (or yourself) to hit yourself very hard on the knee or hands with a house brick or any suitable heavy object.

Call an ambulance and go to A&E to get patched up.

Finally contact a Solicitor and sue the fuckers !!!

My Neighbour has beaten me to it, she has already written to them, and has put a claim in for her Car...

Not a Bad Idea, maybe sent the other half out to have the said Accident...lol

How did Mrs CPs trip to London go, was the outcome what she wanted?

My Neighbour has beaten me to it, she has already written to them, and has put a claim in for her Car...

Not a Bad Idea, maybe sent the other half out to have the said Accident...lol

How did Mrs CPs trip to London go, was the outcome what she wanted?

Good for the neighbour - now it's your turn

The Mrs CP saga rumbles on. It's a win win for her. The new company need 2 regional managers ( there are currently 3) it is based on length of service, desciplinary and time off sick. She has been there 20 years, never been in trouble and is rarely off sick.

The take over looks like end of July and if she finds another job hereself, then she may get redundancy - but that was strictly off the record.

So all in all things are still looking peachy.

As an aside I had to laugh just now. I was listening to "Popmaster" on Radio 2. A guy came on who was not a young person. First question:

Who had a hit in the 60's with "I'm a believer?" - Answer errr "The Beatles" ? :slapface:

Then amazingly Brucey played " The Wind Cries Mary" By Jimi Hendrix and the guy didn't know it. I mean does any one else sound like Hendrix? :redcard:

Happy Birthday to your grandma, Kris!!

I'm happy because I got a box of wine - and not a boxed wine, a box with 4 bottles of wine in it! - delivered to my office. Yay!! A lovely French rose. Can't wait for some warm weather.

Edited by ebk

Cheers to all of the recent great news. :)

Just found out that I need to check in for emergency spinal surgery tomorrow. I choose to remain positive/happy about this because:

1) It provides an answer/solution to the pain I was living with.

2) It forces me to relax and catch up on some good books/movies.

:)

Got tickets for Neil Young & Crazy Horse at The Liverpool Echo Arena this coming August.

Saw them at the Hollywood Bowl last October. You're in for a treat, JTM...a very loud and rocking treat!

I called my 86 yr old grandmother to wish her a happy birthday! Yay!

Awww, that's sweet. Happy birthday to the Grand Dame. :)

Cheers to all of the recent great news. :)

Just found out that I need to check in for emergency spinal surgery tomorrow. I choose to remain positive/happy about this because:

1) It provides an answer/solution to the pain I was living with.

2) It forces me to relax and catch up on some good books/movies.

:)

Good luck! I've had major surgery twice...everything turned out ok...