Your favourite Plant vocal

Jimmy's A Legend

So many.... but the first that comes to mind is "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You". Especially the part "Baby, baby baby baby". He just sounds incredible.

Fantastic vocals on that song. The whole first album would qualify for me. What a voice he had at that time B)

It has to be The Rain Song for me. It's such an emotional, heartfelt vocal...I love it when Robert begins to take it up a notch when Bonzo comes pounding in at about the 5 min mark.

Everything about that song is perfect. :)

Oh gosh...this would be a tough one since Robert has tried on so many different styles and used his vocal instrument in so many ways...Is this past or present or both? haha

I think for me it's when ever I get chills--that's when I know a song has touched the level of the heavens and even the angels can't deny it

and the songs that seem to do that from the Led Zeppelin side are...

In the Evening

Achilles' Last Stand

Honorable mentions... Stairway to Heaven, Rain Song, What is and What Should Never be, Tangerine, Tea for one, The Rover, I can't quit you baby, All my love, Babe I'm Gonna Leave you ...I should stop the list would keep going and I already tried to edit it down...the man is too good with his skills that it's hard to have a favorite haha :)

• 3 weeks later...
So many.... but the first that comes to mind is "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You". Especially the part "Baby, baby baby baby". He just sounds incredible.

Fantastic vocals on that song. The whole first album would qualify for me. What a voice he had at that time B)

Can't say enough about "Babe". Especially the first time he sings the chorus. Starting at about ~2:08... Jimmy is soflty plucking on the acoustic, while a single background note slowly builds/ascends, then at ~2:22, Robert belts out the chorus' first "Baaabe", where the end of the word has this sharp upward hook that is so strong and in control - he just plain nails it!!

I don't want to spoil the mood, but I understand Robert looked up to Elvis quite a bit, and this upward hook-thing, just reminds me of the control he (Elvis) had with his voice. I wonder if Robert had any sort of emulation in mind when he hit that word?

Edited by pezdel

I was listening to Physical Graffiti today for the first time in a long while. I was really struck by just how awesome LZ sounds on that double disc. Every song on that double album sizzles (except Down By The Seaside. One of the few songs I hate by LZ).

Hard to pick just one, but maybe The Rover. Kashmir if I could pick a second one.

I've always loved the way Robert sings How Many More times. I especially love the version he sings on the BBC CD. I love the bit when he goes Oh Rosie, My Girl. Oh Rosie Baby, My Girl.

He is just amazing there. JP had a great little solo there as well. hehe The whole band is in a groove there.

All My Love.

Tangerine, The Rain Song, Black Dog, Rock & Roll.

Oh...I can't stop now.

Darkness, Darkness is not Roberts song, not is it Zeppelin, but I love his version of it.

• 5 months later...