Ask Jimmy Page One (1) Question...

lzzoso

I thought that I would propose this question. Most of this is hypothetical (however, I am sure that some people have actually met Jimmy), what would be the one question You would ask Jimmy Page if You had the very fortunate chance to meet him? I realize that this is a very hard question to answer (and ask). It could be any question about Led Zeppelin or Related or UnRelated.

Believe it or not, the question I would ask Jimmy Page is: Have you ever met Robert De Niro or Al Pacino or any other famous Hollywood actors (or actresses) and what do you think of their movies or talents as great and accomplished actors?

The reason I would ask Jimmy this question about Mr. De Niro or Mr. Pacino is because I personally hold them in the same League as Jimmy Page when it comes to being the Greatest and Best at what they do for a living. I am sure there are hundreds of other Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin fans throughout the world who would completely agree with this statement.

So, if You happen to meet the Master, what would be the first question that You would ask HIM?

I would ask him at what point he realised Zep were the greatest band in the world, how did that feel, who he feels has come close to rivalling them, and did he ever think that they would STILL be the greatest, head and shoulders above any other band, 30 years after they split.

I thought that I would propose this question. Most of this is hypothetical (however, I am sure that some people have actually met Jimmy), what would be the one question You would ask Jimmy Page if You had the very fortunate chance to meet him? I realize that this is a very hard question to answer (and ask). It could be any question about Led Zeppelin or Related or UnRelated.

Believe it or not, the question I would ask Jimmy Page is: Have you ever met Robert De Niro or Al Pacino or any other famous Hollywood actors (or actresses) and what do you think of their movies or talents as great and accomplished actors?

The reason I would ask Jimmy this question about Mr. De Niro or Mr. Pacino is because I personally hold them in the same League as Jimmy Page when it comes to being the Greatest and Best at what they do for a living. I am sure there are hundreds of other Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin fans throughout the world who would completely agree with this statement.

So, if You happen to meet the Master, what would be the first question that You would ask HIM?

Im with you on Pacino and DeNiro. Add Clint Eastwood too. I would ask him if he has anything that Led zeppelin recorded secretly stashed away to be released someday?

I would ask him: Can I ask you one question!!?? If he would say no, I would say I'm sorry, because I already asked him one question and if he would say yes, I would say OK and ask him if i can ask two more questions, the one I just asked and another. If he would say no i would once again appologise, if he would say yes, i would ask him: Are you a musician and if he would say yes, i would ask him without asking if i can ask him, if he is Jimmy Page, because he is my favourite guitarist and if he would say yes, i would ask another question without asking, if i can ask another question and the question would be: do you play guitar??

Edited by Matjaz1

I would ask him: Can I ask you one question!!?? If he would say no, I would say I'm sorry, because I already asked him one question and if he would say yes, I would say OK and ask him if i can ask two more questions, the one I just asked and another. If he would say no i would once again appologise, if he would say yes, i would ask him: Are you a musician and if he would say yes, i would ask him without asking if i can ask him, if he is Jimmy Page, because he is my favourite guitarist and if he would say yes, i would ask another question without asking, if i can ask another question and the question would be: do you play guitar??

:blink:

I'm not at all artistically creative, so I'm fascinated by how songwriters/musicians can create brand new music out of thin air. I'd probably ask something about that, how do these riffs come to you?

That's a really good one, mine was a joke obviously!!

But i guess, extremely creative people just get good ideas. They listen to a lot of music and then they just get new ideas of their own while playing around on the guitar and sometimes, as we all know, these ideas might resemble some older music quite a lot, as in the case of Dazed and confused and some other suff, but i guess that happens to every artist, even the great ones and obviously Jimmy has written a lot of stuff totally out of the blue, he just gets excellent ideas and he can also solo excelently, which means he can get good riffs and phrases on the spot!!!!

First, I think I'd thank him - I'd thank him for catching my interest and keeping it all these years. The music of Led Zeppelin (and J.P. at large) has made me very happy throughout my (relatively) short life.

Then...I suppose I'd ask him: "Would you change anything, or do it all over, given the chance?"

I would ask him at what point he realised Zep were the greatest band in the world

Jimmy has answered this before and more or less said it was after breaking The Beatles attendance record at this show:

http://ledzeppelin.com/show/may-5-1973

Comments from Robert Plant below...

LED ZEPPELIN BREAKS ATTENDANCE RECORD AS WELL AS AN OLD BARRIER OF SILENCE

Record-breaking tour audiences and grosses have been claimed by a lot of rock groups - Beatles, Rolling Stones, Three Dog Night, Grand Funk Railroad. Now Led Zeppelin is claiming one - biggest audience for one act ever in the United States.

This was May 5 at the Tampa Stadium, the night after the British group started its U.S. tour in Atlanta. Attendance in Tampa was 56,800, with a $309,000 gross. Led Zeppelin is on a 33-concert, 30-city tour during May and July, with June off for vacation, expecting a total gross of $3 million. The quartet performs without an opening act or intermission, for two and a half hours.

We spoke later by phone with lead singer Robert Plant in New Orleans. He said, "I think it was the biggest thrill I've had. I pretend - I kid myself I'm not very nervous in a situation like that. I try to bounce around just like normal.

"But, if you do a proportionate thing, it would be like half of England's population. "It was a real surprise. Tampa is the last place I would expect to see 60,000 people. It's not the country's biggest city. It was fantastic."

(A.P. - May 1973)

Edited by SteveAJones

'i'll ask if we can be friends ans take his phone number to talk

Actually, I think that your reply is a Good one. Everyone on this Great forum would Love to meet Jimmy Page, become "Friends" with him and get his personal cell phone or private phone number and call Him up anytime just to talk and chat about whatever comes up. We all know that Jimmy is one of the most intelligent and fascinating Persons on the planet Earth.

How Great would it be to say to all your friends and anybody else, "Hey, Jimmy Page is a personal Friend of Mine. Don't believe me, well let me just give Him a ring and I will introduce you to Him". Classic and Priceless.

Actually, I think that your reply is a Good one. Everyone on this Great forum would Love to meet Jimmy Page, become "Friends" with him and get his personal cell phone or private phone number and call Him up anytime just to talk and chat about whatever comes up. We all know that Jimmy is one of the most intelligent and fascinating Persons on the planet Earth.

How Great would it be to say to all your friends and anybody else, "Hey, Jimmy Page is a personal Friend of Mine. Don't believe me, well let me just give Him a ring and I will introduce you to Him". Classic and Priceless.

I think you just highlighted why that's quite unlikely, if not impossible, to happen.

Everyone on this Great forum would Love to meet Jimmy Page, become "Friends" with him and get his personal cell phone or private phone number and call Him up anytime just to talk and chat about whatever comes up.

No I wouldn't. What kind of person accosts a celebrity for their phone number? Isn't that kind of creepy to you?