Favorite and/or best Kashmir

I actually thought the version from the O2 in 2007 was jaw droppingly good...

Oh yeah!! I always forget to include this excellent show. Really, Kashmir might be the penultimate Zep tune. It has everything that's great about Zep music crammed into one song, the guitar army, the mystical lyrics, the soaring vocal lines, the ridiculously complex polyrythmic drum beats and some of JPJ's best keyboards.

I have always enjoyed the Destroyer version. Love that Plant wail and the great sound of that version. The '75 versions are ruined for me because of Percy's voice issues.

Yeah same here for the most part in regards to the '75 shows, although Earls Court is excellent. The Destroyer version is good, apart from when Page's guitar cuts out and it takes him a while to get it going again.

I have personally experienced Kashmir 6 times.

March 4, 1975

March 5, 1975

April 1, 1977

May 21, 1977

May 22, 1977

1st Page & Plant Tour

The Best experienced Kashmir was by far the May 22, 1977 performance in Ft. Worth, Texas

The least was Page and Plant.... it may have been technically good, but folks, there was just no POWER to it. It just paled to any of the Led Zeppelin performances.

I love the O2 performance.

I do not have the bootlegs of other shows to compare.

The 5/22/77 performance was an other-worldly out-of-the-body good experience to see and hear.

I do love the Kashmir with the intro "Dawn At The Great Pyramid" by the London Symphony Orchestra on their CD Kashmir: Symphonic Led Zeppelin

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/1169034/a/Kashmir:+Symphonic+Led+Zeppelin.htm

I also like and appreciate the power of the collaboration between Jimmy and Puff Daddy riffing "Kashmir" with "Come With Me".

Here's a powerful live version from Hamburg.... Wish I coulda been there !

Get Down with the Homies !!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

None ever really compared to 08-04-79.

I recall 02-12-75 being pretty good too.

I love 2/12/1975 too. 5/25/1975 is also prety amazing. I guess I really like the 1975 versions the best, a lot of that is attributed to the fact that Jimmy was using his Les Paul still, and I love the tone much more than the Danelectro.

Never really a fan of live "Kashmir"- it always sounds very thin compared to the studio version to me. That said, I thought the 2007 02 Reunion rendition owned the fucking show! Best version I've ever heard, including the studio version.

6/21/77. No question. You can't tell me the 10 seconds just after the 5:00 mark doesn't nearly make you pass out from ecstasy. The rest of the song exhausts me. This is in Plant's top 5 vocal performances ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a thread for the most over rated Led Zeppelin song? If so, I'd say Kashmir. About the only time I really want to hear it is when I'm listening to Physical Graffiti in it's entirety. So my reply to the question of this thread is the original studio version.

I've been diggin the No Quarter version lately. But I agree with some folks, the bottom end isn't heavy at all. I personally just like the musical arraignments and spot on jamming throughout.

That being said, I also have to agree that Kashmir made the 02 Show.

Archived