• Shooting Format:
    Arri Alexa 4K + Archival film
  • Aspect Ratio:
    16:9
  • Film Color:
    Black & White and Color

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, EagleB said:

Yes. Sadly that seems to be a recurring theme with any “new” Zep stuff (Live Albums etc). I live in hope but not holding my breath anymore. 

Jimmy said the 50th anniversary would be marked with "all manner of surprises", right? “There’ll be Led Zeppelin product coming out, for sure, that people haven’t heard, because I’m working on that." Was it just the Rock And Roll / Friends single? 

I'm definitely breathing!

Any news on the release date of the official Zeppelin documentary that was supposed to be released in 2019?

I remember listening to audio clips from Page and Plant in May of last year about it's progress and the director of the project. It was initially said to be released in 2019 as a 50th Anniversary celebration, and then in the months to follow all the buzz/news fell silent.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 5:30 AM, zeplz71 said:

Led Zeppelin Documentary Heading to Cannes Market

5/8/2019 by Scott Roxborough

Billed as an "in their own words" telling, the documentary features new interviews with Zeppelin founders Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones, as well as rare archival interviews with the late John Bonham.

Turn it up to 11. A new documentary on legendary rock band Led Zeppelin is heading to the Cannes market.

Bernard MacMahon, the director of the Emmy-nominated music documentary series American Epic, is helming the as-yet-untitled doc, which will feature new interviews with band members Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones, as well as rare archival interviews with the late John Bonham.

Currently in post-production, the documentary is billed as the "definitive telling of the birth of the world’s biggest-selling rock band" and will be told solely from the band's perspective, with never-before seen archive film footage and photographs and state-of-the-art audio transfers of the band’s music.

Both Page and Plant said watching American Epic, which traces the roots of American recorded music of the Roaring Twenties, convinced them to sign on to MacMahon's film.

"When I saw everything Bernard had done both visually and sonically on the remarkable achievement that is American Epic, I knew he would be qualified to tell our story,” Jimmy Page said in a statement.

“The time was right for us to tell our own story for the first time in our own words,” added John Paul Jones. “I think that this film will really bring this story to life.”

The team behind American Epic is on board for the Led Zeppelin doc, including writer and producer Allison McGourty, editor Dan Gitlin and sound supervisor Nicholas Bergh. McGourty, MacMahon, Duke Erikson and Ged Doherty are producing the film, with Peter Saraf and Marc Turtletaub as executive producers.

CAA is handling U.S. rights to the documentary, and Altitude is selling the film internationally.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/led-zeppelin-documentary-heading-cannes-market-1208799

I'm late to this, where can I see it?

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if something is afoot.  Last month the band re-posted songs from the first album on YouTube with some documentary type clips, mostly fast cuts of static pictures.  Now they just started posting songs from the second album on July 31.  I saw Thank You and  Ramble On.  Same type of montage video clips to go with each song, but different by song, just like for the first album tracks posted earlier this summer.

These are on the band's official YouTube channel and listed as Official Audio.

Anyone know what is up? 

3 hours ago, John M said:

I wonder if something is afoot.  Last month the band re-posted songs from the first album on YouTube with some documentary type clips, mostly fast cuts of static pictures.  Now they just started posting songs from the second album on July 31.  I saw Thank You and  Ramble On.  Same type of montage video clips to go with each song, but different by song, just like for the first album tracks posted earlier this summer.

These are on the band's official YouTube channel and listed as Official Audio.

Anyone know what is up? 

Sounds like it's just a way to squeeze extra money from owning the tracks on YouTube and taking the full cut of ad revenue from people listening to Led Zeppelin on YouTube rather than a sign of anything else happening.

When 2019 came and went with nary a morsel, I shifted gears. My preferred modus operandi now is too blithely go on about my life without dwelling daily upon whatever Led Zeppelin rumours bubble up. 

That way, if something of note does actually happen then I'll be pleasantly surprised. Until then, I'll listen to the albums and live bootlegs I do have and worry about the things I can control.

On 2/16/2020 at 12:24 AM, Nutrocker said:

Not while he's still alive, that's for sure! 😂

Or when he’s dead.  Jimmy hates a lot of their legacy and will never disclose the details of anything but what he wants people to know.  It’s like the existence of UFOs.  The government is never going to come out and say they exist.  You’ll have to be satisfied hearing from second hand sources.

Edited by Snickybomb

10 hours ago, Snickybomb said:

Or when he’s dead.  Jimmy hates a lot of their legacy and will never disclose the details of anything but what he wants people to know.  It’s like the existence of UFOs.  The government is never going to come out and say they exist.  You’ll have to be satisfied hearing from second hand sources.

Besides, at this point, it's like the old saying- "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."😆 We all know the stories.

4 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Besides, at this point, it's like the old saying- "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."😆 We all know the stories.

Yep, and he’s killing a cash cow by not coming out with a ‘warts and all’ autobio like Clapton did.  But, when you’re selling autographed pictures for upwards of $2k, why bother?  I doubt he needs the cash.

6 hours ago, Snickybomb said:

Yep, and he’s killing a cash cow by not coming out with a ‘warts and all’ autobio like Clapton did.  But, when you’re selling autographed pictures for upwards of $2k, why bother?  I doubt he needs the cash.

He doesn’t want a “warts and all” bio released and doesn’t need the money. 

R😎