Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

Thank you Deborah, always the voice of reason.

It has little to do with Jahfin, Electrophile. (In fact, I posted that Jahfin will be banned if it happens again). If I'm missing something here and Jahfin should be banned now, then please PM me and I'll gladly look into it.

Here's the ongoing problem: Some occasionally will question whether SAJ is a member of the band and without getting a definitive answer, I'm then being asked directly, so I'm simply answering it. He is not a member of the band. Some also ask (and ask me directly) if he works for the band... He does not. This is what he's upset about. I've always treated him with respect on the board and don't really see what the problem is here.

i could see all that before you posted, sam, and quite frankly i cannot believe all the fuss.

steve can come across as knowing just a bit more detail than is "normal', and this is why jahfin, and perhaps others, wonder if he is more than a fan.

steve didn't answer jahfins question , as i believe he has jahfin on ignore, so sam answered for him.

steve didn't like that, and he has taken his bat and ball and gone home.

What the hell? I always miss these brouhahas.

So after catching up over the last several pages, I don't understand why Steve was upset at Sam the Webmaster. It seems the main beef was between Jahfin and Steve. Sam merely answered a question. It's all such a trifling matter...as long as Steve's info is accurate(which it seems to be 99.999% of the time), who cares how or why he attains said knowledge. I also don't ever recall him saying he worked for the band, so it's curious that Jahfin brought it up...by this point it's a moot issue.

I can't believe Steve will stay away long...he has devoted too much time and effort to his Mysteries thread to allow this minor kerfuffle to derail it and wither away. Besides, if he has Jahfin on ignore, Jahfin shouldn't be able to bother him, right? Wouldn't Jahfin's words appear invisible to him?

^They do unless someone quotes them in a response.^

SAJ is the heart of this place. He either gave amazing information or inspired others to find it. What a loss, that I hope is only temporary, to this site.

Steve is who he is, a very thorough researcher and compiler. I've always thought that a book penned by him was due years ago, but no, he's always been focused on getting the info out there as needed.

Steve, like some other people, has a definite characteristic of confidence, which I personally believe has been his most positive and negative trait.

I've valued his additions to this forum and others. I've fact checked against him more times than I can count and wish him the success in whatever he chooses to do.

Edited by dazedjeffy

^They do unless someone quotes them in a response.^

SAJ is the heart of this place. He either gave amazing information or inspired others to find it. What a loss, that I hope is only temporary, to this site.

+1 big time

It's a shame this has blown up and out of proportion.

I have had my share of differences of opinions with many members including Steve and Jahfin, both knowledgable and sometimes opinionated, it is who they are and so be it.

That's the way it is on forums, informative, open debate, lively discussions and arguments.

Some over petty things and others of a personal nature.

It would be boring as batshit if we all agreed on everything.

Hopefully things will settle down after a few days and it will be back to normal.

One thing I have learnt in life is, that the bigger the ego, the more fragile they are.

Steve, in real life, you've faced far tougher situations than anything this place could ever serve up. Shake it off and put it behind you

ally ( and others ), i have not met steve in real life, so i will take your word.

most of the time i would say he is well mannered, but he has been a bit, shall we say, abrasive in some conversations he and i have had. they were not zeppelin related at all.

his led zeppelin information is of a very high standard, according to those in the know ( i am certainly not one of those, lol ), however i do agree with jahfin in so far that the way he has an actual archive that he constantly quotes from in regards to flight schedules/motels etc is a little weird and over the top. if i were jimmy, robert or jonesy i would feel a bit uneasy about that. but hey, it's his life, and if that's how he chooses to spend his time, so be it.

i just hope he doesn't have a partner and/or children, as i don't think he would have a lot of spare time ....

anyway, i hope things will return to " normal " soon. and a big thankyou to sam for the way he has handled this and others situations like it. it must be a trying job sometimes, but i would say it does have its' perks .... :)

Thank you Deborah, always the voice of reason.

It has little to do with Jahfin, Electrophile. (In fact, I posted that Jahfin will be banned if it happens again). If I'm missing something here and Jahfin should be banned now, then please PM me and I'll gladly look into it.

Here's the ongoing problem: Some occasionally will question whether SAJ is a member of the band and without getting a definitive answer, I'm then being asked directly, so I'm simply answering it. He is not a member of the band. Some also ask (and ask me directly) if he works for the band... He does not. This is what he's upset about. I've always treated him with respect on the board and don't really see what the problem is here.

Completely agree. Why you stating for the record that he doesn't work for the band should cause him to decide to leave this forum is as big a mystery as has ever been covered in this thread.

Completely agree. Why you stating for the record that he doesn't work for the band should cause him to decide to leave this forum is as big a mystery as has ever been covered in this thread.

True. This thread has now come full circle "Steve A Jones mysteries Hosted by the Dazed and Confused Forum members"

My notes show the Feb 7th 1976 issue of 'Sounds' published a brief news item on Peter's patronage of Jenny Marriott's antique shop in Battersea but I have been unable to find any further details whatsoever. I should think were it not for Peter Grant being the first customer the "grand opening" may have gotten no press coverage at all.

This is the weirdness people are talking about. Who in the world cares that Led Zeppelin's manager visited an antique store in 1976? But not only does Steve have "notes" about it, but there aren't enough details for his liking and he's avidly searching more out. That's the stalker-y thing at work.

Sadly, Steve is NOT the heart of this place. All the members who made up the true heart of this place were driven away or left long ago.

As far as why he's leaving, seems like Stevie's mad that his "image" and his "mystery" that he cultivates has been blown open, and he's been revealed to be an average Joe, albet one with OCD.

Disagree, and I don't always agree with SAJ, btw. The people who left were part of this place, just like Steve. To me he has given more info and has inspired others to find more info about Zep than anyone else. He'll be missed, but oh well it was his choice. Doesn't mean others need to dump on him though....