Jump to content

Led Zeppelin 50th Anniversary


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

Two brand new playlists, personally curated by Jack White and Royal Blood:
Led Zeppelin x Jack White https://lnk.to/LZxJackWhiteMP 
Led Zeppelin x Royal Blood https://lnk.to/LZxRoyalBloodMP 

Listen now and create your own at http://LZ50.LedZeppelin.com

 

 

This is serious?!    A playlist?  Does anyone really care what Zeppelin tunes are in White's playlist? or even about making a Led Zeppelin playlist in general?   What an anniversary. 

Edited by hummingbird69
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my VANS Sk8 HI shoes today. I was at work and my wife managed to order her size on line and bought both pairs. My size was sold out. She drove to the mall, went into a store, and they had them in a shipping box in the back. None had been put out or displayed yet. She bought my pair and they were waiting for me when I got home, which was a pleasant surprise. 

Pretty nice shoes, and nice to have, but I have to admit that the Black Sabbath Converse shoes I bought 5 years ago were much better in terms of their overall execution. Anyway, nice way to start the weekend with some geek quotient. 

The wife was told that all authorized retailers were allowed to order 1 pair of each size only, and nothing more. She got my 10.5s and that’s it for that size at that store. Fleabay is already flooded of course. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One comment I would make for those thinking of buying, is that the promo images of the shoes that have been released by VANS, and which are all over the net, show the 4 symbols strongly debossed on the side trim of the shoe sole. However, in actual fact, the shoes have crummy little decal transfers applied, which you can barely see and which will rub off in no time. Cheapo.

6Eksm9i.jpg

Edited by The Dark Lord
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

This is serious?!    A playlist?  Does anyone really care what Zeppelin tunes are in White's playlist? or even about making a Led Zeppelin playlist in general?   What an anniversary. 

Totally!! BFD!! Where the fuck is the live stuff??? 😤

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

One comment I would make for those thinking of buying, is that the promo images of the shoes that have been released by VANS, and which are all over the net, show the 4 symbols strongly debossed on the side trim of the shoe sole. However, in actual fact, the shoes have crummy little decal transfers applied, which you can barely see and which will rub off in no time. Cheapo.

6Eksm9i.jpg

Decals eh,  Not meant to be worn I guess.  The box is the best part.

Edited by hummingbird69
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing those playlists do is drive home the point that compilation albums are completely superfluous these days - anyone can make their own and it'll be virtually indistinguishable from an 'official' version.
Except that the compiler won't have left off any of your favourite songs... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 12:15 PM, Brigante said:

The only thing those playlists do is drive home the point that compilation albums are completely superfluous these days - anyone can make their own and it'll be virtually indistinguishable from an 'official' version.
Except that the compiler won't have left off any of your favourite songs... 

Exactly. I like Jack White and Royal Blood..... but I could care less what their favourite Led Zeppelin tracks are. I suspect he's using their friendship to lend popularity to a service geared towards the mass population. It's not for me, but I'm ok with it. I just hope something better comes along for the 50th anniversary. Playlist, sneakers, and snowboards are not for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 50th anniversary for any highly popular band should be a celebration of the music and people in the band rather than "simple" merch. Merch is ok but there should be an overall focus on unheard tracks, live recordings, and solo works and the lives of the band members. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2019 at 7:14 PM, John M said:

589358620_Osaka1971logo.thumb.png.0ba6cf4ca4d85bc27d4d207902cb3726.png

This would make a nice cover for a box set.

Indeed, superdeluxe box treatment required.

But I am afraid we have to wait for an EV box release, probably September 2021 to the 50th anniversary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2019 at 4:20 PM, hummingbird69 said:

The 50th anniversary for any highly popular band should be a celebration of the music and people in the band rather than "simple" merch. Merch is ok but there should be an overall focus on unheard tracks, live recordings, and solo works and the lives of the band members. 

Exactly as well as a Sirius XM channel dedicated to the launch of tangible / physical (limited edition vinyl / CDs ) as well as digital live albums that were promised over a year ago. 

R😎

Edited by reids
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I signed up for Spotify. I liked the service. I deleted my Pandora account.

So yeah, I made a compilation list, so that some newbie out there might see something beyond the Mothership or Early Days/Latter Days, or Crop Circlings.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2Z7MLIxeZnTDNl7AL3uGlO

 

 

Edited by The Rover
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2019 at 8:16 PM, paplbojo said:

It's coming. Patience. 

I just can’t see it mate. He’s had years to sort this out. If it wasn’t released for the 50th I have little confidence it will be released in the future. 

Would love to be wrong on this. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

I just can’t see it mate. He’s had years to sort this out. If it wasn’t released for the 50th I have little confidence it will be released in the future. 

Would love to be wrong on this. 

 

The 50th what? The 50th of the earliest Scandinavian tours when they were still billed as the New Yardbirds might not be the 50th he most cares about. 

It will come. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...