Led Zeppelin 50th Anniversary

sam_webmaster

11 minutes ago, paplbojo said:

The 50th what? The 50th of the earliest Scandinavian tours when they were still billed as the New Yardbirds might not be the 50th he most cares about. 

It will come. 

Well how about the 50th anniversary of the release of the first album? That’s been and gone 

Edited by Xolo1974

4 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Well how about the 50th anniversary of the release of the first album? That’s been and gone 

I too consider 2019 to be the true 50th anniversary and it should have kicked off with the release date for Led Zeppelin I.  Let's be honest though, we are at least 3 months into 2019 and don't have anything major to show for it.  It's been radio silence so far with no announcements, let alone new releases.  They have live stuff that they could put out, where's Earl's Court (best of the nights to make a full set list or boxed set of all nights), where's Knebworth, where's a release from the Japan multitracks, how about a blu-ray HD release of the 1970 Royal Albert Hall from the original film 16mm negative, That isn't even touching on any of the multitrack tapes that Jimmy probably has that we don't even know about.

They don't owe me anything and I don't want to sound like an ungrateful fan but they started the 50th Anniversary hype-train in motion and got me on board, now I just want to go somewhere. 

16 hours ago, mrlowry said:

I too consider 2019 to be the true 50th anniversary and it should have kicked off with the release date for Led Zeppelin I.  Let's be honest though, we are at least 3 months into 2019 and don't have anything major to show for it.  It's been radio silence so far with no announcements, let alone new releases.  They have live stuff that they could put out, where's Earl's Court (best of the nights to make a full set list or boxed set of all nights), where's Knebworth, where's a release from the Japan multitracks, how about a blu-ray HD release of the 1970 Royal Albert Hall from the original film 16mm negative, That isn't even touching on any of the multitrack tapes that Jimmy probably has that we don't even know about.

They don't owe me anything and I don't want to sound like an ungrateful fan but they started the 50th Anniversary hype-train in motion and got me on board, now I just want to go somewhere. 

exactly.

Well, the 50th Anniversary of the first time I heard Zeppelin is coming up in June. Heard it in the back of my friend's 1961 Ford Galaxie Convertible. He had just scored some black hash & it was free sample day.  Looked something like this (the car):

image.png.f1d566e12a4574d08f9f6f92238ef2b7.png

Edited by mickey g
spelling

Alarm!

It´s getting serious, at last. Just saw this one:

Led Zeppelin Live at Fillmore West in San Francisco 24th of April 1969 LP

Coming April 2019 pre-order your copy today! Orders with both pre-order and in stock items will have all in stock items shipped immediately! 

Live Recordings On Vinyl LP!

The April 24th, Fillmore West concert was the debut date of the Zeppelin's second US tour when the British band definitely conquered the American audience with their powerful and yet sensual Rock-Blues sound. The tour was a massive success thanks to the band's top form and inspiration and an extremely reactive audience. That palpable energy you can easily get through these historical recordings. 

Features:
• Vinyl LP

Selections:
Side A: 

1. White Summer
2. Babe I’m Gonna Leave You
3. Killing Floor 
Side B: 
1. As Long As I Have You

7 minutes ago, Autumn Moon said:

Alarm!

It´s getting serious, at last. Just saw this one:

Led Zeppelin Live at Fillmore West in San Francisco 24th of April 1969 LP

Coming April 2019 pre-order your copy today! Orders with both pre-order and in stock items will have all in stock items shipped immediately! 

Live Recordings On Vinyl LP!

The April 24th, Fillmore West concert was the debut date of the Zeppelin's second US tour when the British band definitely conquered the American audience with their powerful and yet sensual Rock-Blues sound. The tour was a massive success thanks to the band's top form and inspiration and an extremely reactive audience. That palpable energy you can easily get through these historical recordings. 

Features:
• Vinyl LP

Selections:
Side A: 

1. White Summer
2. Babe I’m Gonna Leave You
3. Killing Floor 
Side B: 
1. As Long As I Have You

It's been discussed elsewhere, Autumn Moon...it's a grey market label issuing (mostly ) old broadcast recordings on vinyl. These grey market labels  are enjoying a legal loophole which considers 'off air' radio recording as public domain. But I have to admit it looks nice. Cover was used on 5" single and EP releases from Atlantic (Immigrant Song)

2 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

I think the song selection tells you all you neeed to know (opening of side one being White Summer). Of course it’s not an official release 

I have every live show there is to hear. My question was regarding the earlier post that suggested that the 50th was getting serious.

11 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

I have every live show there is to hear. My question was regarding the earlier post that suggested that the 50th was getting serious.

There's nothing serious coming from Led Zeppelin or Jimmy Page, unless you're counting trainers & snowboards.

5 hours ago, Mook said:

There's nothing serious coming from Led Zeppelin or Jimmy Page, unless you're counting trainers & snowboards.

Hahaha. Seems to be the case. Let's see...

There was the 50th anniversary photography book. Which was nice...but still, just a book to go along with the 10 or so other photo books that came in the Super Deluxe Boxes and dozens of other LZ books I have.

There was the Vans fiasco, which pretty much shit on Zeppelin fans and existed only to make Ebay pirates rich. Unlike Iron Maiden who made their Vans shoes available to all.

There was the replica Dragon Telecaster and the replica amp, which only rich people could afford.

And, next? 

Is that crickets I hear?

17 minutes ago, Strider said:

Hahaha. Seems to be the case. Let's see...

There was the 50th anniversary photography book. Which was nice...but still, just a book to go along with the 10 or so other photo books that came in the Super Deluxe Boxes and dozens of other LZ books I have.

There was the Vans fiasco, which pretty much shit on Zeppelin fans and existed only to make Ebay pirates rich. Unlike Iron Maiden who made their Vans shoes available to all.

There was the replica Dragon Telecaster and the replica amp, which only rich people could afford.

And, next? 

Is that crickets I hear?

Limited edition cricket photos, taken by Ross Halfin while wondering through Jimmy's garden.  All photos personally looked at by Jimmy Page and officially licensed.  Order yours today...... 

38 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

Limited edition cricket photos, taken by Ross Halfin while wondering through Jimmy's garden.  All photos personally looked at by Jimmy Page and officially licensed.  Order yours today...... 

I have a vial of Jimmy Page air, exhaled by the man himself while in a heroin-induced slumber backstage at the Forum. Send your bids in now!

Realistically,  all we have is the bootleg community to leak out the occasional new tape or SB.  I love every release that is new and sees the light of day. I really don't think Jimmy has much that he views as releasable officially.  And if he does, he will chop out mistakes and cover versions to avoid licensing issues.  I've accepted that as the reality