Michael Jackson in hospital

longdistancewinner

I don't know but, I do remember the fact's about Jackson's childhood! For starters He was so young when they started him and his brother's out, the most important part of one's life (what will be the outcome of the adult life) is early childhood! The fact that we all learn from experiences mean's the one's in the early stage of youth is the biggest and will effect how the mind develops. This is all the truth! And is how and why the late Michael Jackson became the adult he was. He did eventually get away from the abusive father but, it was to late the damage had been done and the one that would stand up to the father was always Michael, so he got the wost of it!

I liked the Jackson 5 when I was a kid, just as I liked the Partridge Family and The Osmond's. Michael was the one that the record company went with despite not being a song writer, did most of the lead singing with feeling. He did start writing song's for Thriller, and they are darn good song's that will live on as will the dancing that he was so popular for.

I liked the Jackson 5 when I was a kid, just as I liked the Partridge Family and The Osmond's.

I recall an interview with Donny Osmond where he reflected how at one point in his career he was almost jealous of Micheal Jackson and how his career exploded while Osmond's sort of fell off the radar. However Osmond then said in retrospect, he would not change one thing about his own career and is glad that he did not go down the same path as Jackson.

I personally think the obvious difference was that despite the Jackson 5's greater success; they did not benefit from having a well grounded family with positive structure to count on. Michael Jackson's parents were for all intents and purposes pretty much depraved scumbags.

Huge second-line honors King of Pop Michael Jackson

by Danny Monteverde, The Times-Picayune Sunday June 28, 2009, 10:22 PM

large_mj2.jpgJennifer Zdon, The Times-PicayuneDonna Llopis, from New Orleans, holds up a picture of Michael Jackson as she joins in with hundreds of other fans along St. Bernard Avenue to honor the legendary pop star with a second-line led by the Revolution Social Aid & Pleasure Club SundayThey gathered on a 7th Ward corner to offer a traditional, raucous New Orleans send off befitting a king.

Just before dusk Sunday, the Revolution Social Aid & Pleasure Club began its march down St. Bernard Avenue, leading a second-line parade to honor Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, who died Thursday at age 50.

Joe Black, Revolution founder and organizer of the parade, said his initial estimate of 1,500 people was probably low.

medium_mj1.jpgJennifer Zdon, The Times-PicayuneSome of the exuberant crowd in Sunday's second-line parade to honor the legend of Michael Jackson. The huge crowd said everything about Jackson's enormous popularity. Black said he couldn't estimate just how large the crowd grew, only saying it was a "very successful" day.

Despite the number of marchers, New Orleans police said no arrests were made along the mile-long route.

Like any second-line, the crowd swelled as it made its way down St. Bernard Avenue. Eventually, it spilled over the neutral ground into oncoming traffic headed toward the river.

Neighborhood residents joined in from side streets. Others set up chairs on the curb. Some drivers pulled their cars onto the neutral ground, got out and joined the celebration.

They danced to the sounds of the Rebirth Brass Band -- joined in time by other brass bands, such as the Free Agents -- and their renditions of Jackson's hit songs, such as "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough."

medium_mj3.jpgJennifer Zdon, The Times-PicayuneDianne Bourdreaux holds up her one sequinned glove, a Michael Jackson trademark, as she second-lines with other fans on Sunday.

Many wore T-shirts emblazoned with the performer's face. Others carried umbrellas with the King of Pop's likeness.

Marcher Shack Brown did one better.

He wore one of Jackson's staple outfits: a black fedora, jacket, pants and shoes, accented by a white T-shirt and socks, and the famous glove.

"I've been wearing this for three days" to celebrate Jackson's life, Brown said.

At the end of the parade, he hopped on a pickup truck and started to dance in Jackson's inimitable style.

"Mike had some kind of impact in everyone's life," he said. "Some of his life we didn't like, but a lot of it we loved."

Gail Collier marched the entire mile-long route.

She said that although she never met Jackson or even saw him live in concert, his music was the soundtrack of her life.

"I'm 46. It's like I grew up with him," she said minutes after the second-line ended at St. Bernard and North Miro Street. "It was like a childhood schoolmate I lost."

Then she pointed out the overcast sky.

<A href="http://photos.nola.com/gallery/4500/Second-line%20for%20Michael%20Jackson">View all photos from the Michael Jackson second-line »

"It's about to rain," she said. "When it rains, they say someone's gone to heaven."

Seconds later, the skies opened up, and rain poured down in torrents.

"Michael's going to heaven," Collier said with a smile.

Danny Monteverde can be reached at dmonteverde@timespicayune.com or 504.826.3300.

I don't believe that article, but I certainly expected it. No one should take that seriously.

The original autopsy was inconclusive. I believe MJ was in fantastic physical shape, and there were reports of him performing and singing at the rehearsals just like he always has.

I think it was likely an accidental overdose that killed him.

Also, I don't believe he was gay like that article suggested, because people would have come out by now and spilled the information.

They're saying it'll take a few weeks before they're able to determine the actual cause of death. Right now it's a lot of possibilities, speculations etc. as to what shape he was in, what was said etc.

It's still a shock he's gone :(

just had a quick look at the michael jackson fan club forum. they are saying that the last article that evster posted is a load of B.S. i guess they would be saying that, but i hope they are right. also read that there is 100 hours of his recent rehearsals captured on film, and it shows that he looked and sounded great. talk of it being released on dvd. they say that the people involved in the 02 concerts may still go ahead with ( at least some ) concerts, with guest performers ......

still a lot we don't know here.

Thank you, Dzldoc :D

Huge second-line honors King of Pop Michael Jackson

by Danny Monteverde, The Times-Picayune Sunday June 28, 2009, 10:22 PM

large_mj2.jpg

Jennifer Zdon, The Times-Picayune

Donna Llopis, from New Orleans, holds up a picture of Michael Jackson as she joins in with hundreds of other fans along St. Bernard Avenue to honor the legendary pop star with a second-line led by the Revolution Social Aid & Pleasure Club Sunday

They gathered on a 7th Ward corner to offer a traditional, raucous New Orleans send off befitting a king.

Just before dusk Sunday, the Revolution Social Aid & Pleasure Club began its march down St. Bernard Avenue, leading a second-line parade to honor Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, who died Thursday at age 50.

Joe Black, Revolution founder and organizer of the parade, said his initial estimate of 1,500 people was probably low.

medium_mj1.jpg

Some of the exuberant crowd in Sunday's second-line parade to honor the legend of Michael Jackson. The huge crowd said everything about Jackson's enormous popularity. Black said he couldn't estimate just how large the crowd grew, only saying it was a "very successful" day.

Despite the number of marchers, New Orleans police said no arrests were made along the mile-long route.

Like any second-line, the crowd swelled as it made its way down St. Bernard Avenue. Eventually, it spilled over the neutral ground into oncoming traffic headed toward the river.

Neighborhood residents joined in from side streets. Others set up chairs on the curb. Some drivers pulled their cars onto the neutral ground, got out and joined the celebration.

They danced to the sounds of the Rebirth Brass Band -- joined in time by other brass bands, such as the Free Agents -- and their renditions of Jackson's hit songs, such as "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough."

medium_mj3.jpg

Dianne Bourdreaux holds up her one sequinned glove, a Michael Jackson trademark, as she second-lines with other fans on Sunday.

Many wore T-shirts emblazoned with the performer's face. Others carried umbrellas with the King of Pop's likeness.

Marcher Shack Brown did one better.

He wore one of Jackson's staple outfits: a black fedora, jacket, pants and shoes, accented by a white T-shirt and socks, and the famous glove.

"I've been wearing this for three days" to celebrate Jackson's life, Brown said.

At the end of the parade, he hopped on a pickup truck and started to dance in Jackson's inimitable style.

"Mike had some kind of impact in everyone's life," he said. "Some of his life we didn't like, but a lot of it we loved."

Gail Collier marched the entire mile-long route.

She said that although she never met Jackson or even saw him live in concert, his music was the soundtrack of her life.

"I'm 46. It's like I grew up with him," she said minutes after the second-line ended at St. Bernard and North Miro Street. "It was like a childhood schoolmate I lost."

Then she pointed out the overcast sky.

"It's about to rain," she said. "When it rains, they say someone's gone to heaven."

Seconds later, the skies opened up, and rain poured down in torrents.

"Michael's going to heaven," Collier said with a smile.

Danny Monteverde can be reached at dmonteverde@timespicayune.com or 504.826.3300.

I continue to be amazed at some of the things people are saying about Michael Jackson's music. I've heard more than once that he was the "FIRST" black artist to bridge black & white audiences. WHAT?!?!? There's some serious amnesia going on if people forgot:

STEVIE WONDER

MARVIN GAYE

JAMES BROWN

OTIS REDDING

ARETHA FRANKLIN

SARAH VAUGHAN

ELLA FITZGERALD

MILES DAVIS

JOHN COLTRANE

AL GREEN

JACKIE WILSON

WILSON PICKETT

SMOKEY ROBINSON

ROBERT JOHNSON

JOHN LEE HOOKER

BILL WITHERS

NINA SIMONE

SLY STONE

SAM COOKE

DOO WOP GROUPS

on & on...and possibly the ACTUAL FIRST: LOUIS ARMSTRONG

As far as I know, all these folks were around before MJ and white people were listening to them! They just ran the Stax thing on PBS again this weekend-fascinating!

I realize that many people love Michael Jackson's music, like I love my favorite artists. I respect that. I think he was a phenomenal dancer. But I think his MUSICAL importance is being overblown. I don't listen to his music, or the artists I keep hearing that he influenced (Madonna, Justin Timberlake, Usher, hip hop). But I do listen to many of the African American musicians I listed above, and others. I don't know if the younger ones I listen to

(Lizz Wright, Desree, India Arie, Corrine Bailey Rae) were influenced by Jackson or not.

Someone also said MJ made it ok for white guys to grab their crotches. HELLO?!

I've seen a LOT of pictures of Robert on stage w/Zeppelin, grabbing his!

Not that I usually care to see guys do that onstage. I'll make an exception for Robert:)

I continue to be amazed at some of the things people are saying about Michael Jackson's music. I've heard more than once that he was the "FIRST" black artist to bridge black & white audiences. WHAT?!?!? There's some serious amnesia going on if people forgot:

STEVIE WONDER

MARVIN GAYE

JAMES BROWN

OTIS REDDING

ARETHA FRANKLIN

SARAH VAUGHAN

ELLA FITZGERALD

MILES DAVIS

JOHN COLTRANE

AL GREEN

JACKIE WILSON

WILSON PICKETT

SMOKEY ROBINSON

ROBERT JOHNSON

JOHN LEE HOOKER

BILL WITHERS

NINA SIMONE

SLY STONE

SAM COOKE

DOO WOP GROUPS

As far as I know, all these folks were around before MJ and white people were listening to them! They just ran the Stax thing on PBS again this weekend-fascinating!

I realize that many people love Michael Jackson's music, like I love my favorite artists. I respect that. I think he was a phenomenal dancer. But I think his MUSICAL importance is being overblown. I don't listen to his music, or the artists I keep hearing that he influenced (Madonna, Justin Timberlake, Usher, hip hop). But I do listen to many of the African American musicians I listed above, and others. I don't know if the younger ones I listen to

(Lizz Wright, Desree, India Arie, Corrine Bailey Rae) were influenced by Jackson or not.

Not that I usually care to see guys do that onstage. I'll make an exception for Robert:)

Another thing that has to be corrected with all the hype and praise. They keep saying that Michael was the first black artist to be played on MTV when it was in fact Prince who was. His video of "1999" was played months before Michael was played.

STEVIE WONDER

MARVIN GAYE

JAMES BROWN

OTIS REDDING

ARETHA FRANKLIN

SARAH VAUGHAN

ELLA FITZGERALD

MILES DAVIS

JOHN COLTRANE

AL GREEN

JACKIE WILSON

WILSON PICKETT

SMOKEY ROBINSON

ROBERT JOHNSON

JOHN LEE HOOKER

BILL WITHERS

NINA SIMONE

SLY STONE

SAM COOKE

DOO WOP GROUPS

Absolutely no denying the importance of the artists you listed and the doors they opened for people like Jackson. He brought it to another level.

STEVIE WONDER

MARVIN GAYE

JAMES BROWN

OTIS REDDING

ARETHA FRANKLIN

SARAH VAUGHAN

ELLA FITZGERALD

MILES DAVIS

JOHN COLTRANE

AL GREEN

JACKIE WILSON

WILSON PICKETT

SMOKEY ROBINSON

ROBERT JOHNSON

JOHN LEE HOOKER

BILL WITHERS

NINA SIMONE

SLY STONE

SAM COOKE

DOO WOP GROUPS

Louis Armstrong was probably more important than anyone on that list, including Michael Jackson.

Another thing that has to be corrected with all the hype and praise. They keep saying that Michael was the first black artist to be played on MTV when it was in fact Prince who was. His video of "1999" was played months before Michael was played.

Actually that honor would be split between The Pointer Sisters "I'm So Excited" , Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five "The Message" , and Afrika Bambaataa "Planet Rock" back in 1982. Prince's "1999" wasn't released until December, and the video not until the following year.

The Sun is basically England's version of the Enquirer. I wouldn't take anything they say seriously unless a reputable news source has said it first.

No it isn't - because in my memory the Enquirer is weekly, and eveyone knows it is a bit of a pisstake (my wife marred bigfoot etc) - The Sun is a national daily newspaper over here which, although it is virtually a cartoon strip of t*ts, purports to present itself as a daily paper reporting serious news. A scary percentage or the population take it as their daily paper and source of world news.

It is virtually unsaleable in Liverpool after the pathetic Hillsbrough coverage, and most sane people avoid it - some buy it as a supplement to the paper that they buy which might- hoepfully- inform them. The Sun never will.

Actually that honor would be split between The Pointer Sisters "I'm So Excited" , Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five "The Message" , and Afrika Bambaataa "Planet Rock" back in 1982. Prince's "1999" wasn't released until December, and the video not until the following year.

As well as Jimi Hendrix, Phil Lynott, and various members of UB40, The Specials, Culture Club, The [English] Beat, etc.

I also agree that the news outlets are making it sound like Michael Jackson was the first black artist that "white America" purchased en masse. The Supremes sold as many records as the Beatles in this country, or so I've heard it said.

Archived